Unity (311 album)
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2007)|
|Studio album by 311|
|Label||What Have You|
|Producer||Nick Hexum, J.E. Van Horne|
Unity was 311's third independent release (following their 1989 EP Downstairs and 1990 album Dammit!) and first CD release on their own record company, What Have You Records. It was released in 1991 on both CD and Cassette. It is considered by some to be the band's second album if Dammit! is counted as their debut album. This album is no longer in print and is very rare. There were only 1,000 original copies on CD and 500 on cassette that were pressed and released for this album.
- "Slinky" (N. Hexum) - 5:17
- "Feels So Good" (N. Hexum, C. Sexton, D. Martinez) - 3:08
- "Do You Right" (C. Sexton, N. Hexum) - 4:27
- "!@#$ the &*?=!" (N. Hexum, C. Sexton, T. Mahoney, A. Wills, D. Martinez) - 2:54 *Listed as "F the B" in the liner notes
- "Summer of Love" (N. Hexum) - 5:09
- "Unity" (C. Sexton, N. Hexum) - 3:18
- "Damn" (N. Hexum) - 3:31
- "Down South" (N. Hexum, C. Sexton, M. Watkins, T. Mahoney) - 3:32
- "Rollin'" (N. Hexum, C. Sexton, A. Wills, T. Mahoney) - 3:12
- "Right Now" (N. Hexum, C. Sexton, C. Grubb) - 4:13
- "C.U.T.M." (N. Hexum, A. Wills) - 3:37 *Abbreviation for "Cosmic Utopian Thriving Mission" as listed in the liner notes
Liner Notes (Official)
- Tim Mahoney - Guitar
- Chad Sexton - Drums
- P-Nut - Bass, Vocals, Perc.
- Nick Hexum - Vocals, Percussion
- Guest Vocals - Doug Martinez
- Produced and mixed by 311 and J.E. Van Horne
- Photography by Craig Dulany
- Recorded and mixed at Rainbow Studios Omaha, NE
- (P) & (C) What Have You Records 1991
- 810 Ridgewood Ave. Omaha, NE 68114
- The Sun, the people in the pit, Nils Anders Erickson, J.E. Van Horne, Matt Markel and the Ranch Bowl, Paul Moerke, Jim Homan, Joe Voda's Drum City, our parents, Craig Dulany, Ese', John Lies, Mark Oswald, Bo Post, Jim Davis, Brad Pickel, and Dino.
- This album is dedicated to the memory of Rob Elizondo.
- No Thanks to: Gary Clark, Fishbone, c.a.