Unity Books is an independent bookseller, with one shop in Wellington and Auckland respectively. Unity Books was founded by Alan Preston in 1967.
In 2012, the Wellington store celebrated its 45 anniversary, although it has only been at its current location for 16 years. The store, on Willis Street in central Wellington, was renovated and expanded in 2011. The store is co-owned and managed by Tilly Lloyd.
Unity Books Wellington is part of the "Culture Vulture" scheme, whereby customers can buy vouchers and redeem them at any of Unity Books, Slow Boat Records, or Aro Video.
Unity Books runs approximately 45 author events and launches per year and the shop works extensive off-site events as well. Except for 2 Festivals, Unity Books has been the contracted bookseller for Writers and Readers Week, the most intellectually muscled of the NZ literary festivals. In October 2013, Eleanor Catton's Man Booker prize-winning The Luminaries was launched at the store.
- Keber, Ruth (13 September 2012). "45 years of Unity Books". The Dominion Post. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Shelton, Lindsay (31 May 2011). "A celebration at Unity Books, and other favourite places". Wellington.scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Dekker. Dianna (4 May 2013). "Meet Tilly Lloyd of Unity Books". The Dominion Post. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Just in time: News about Gift Vouchers". Unity Books. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "PHOTOS: Award-winning novel attracted an over-full house to its launch at Unity Books". Scoop.co.nz. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Craig Potton Publishing (13 August 2014). "Dirty Politics: Nicky Hager's new book on the Key Government launched at Unity". Scoop. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- David Fisher and Adam Bennet (13 August 2014). "Hager book: 'You will not believe what you read'". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- Wong, Simon (13 August 2014). "Nicky Hager book shows National's 'dirty politics'". 3 News. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- Unity Books
- Unity Books on Facebook
- Unity Books on Twitter
- Unity Books profile at Booksellers New Zealand