Universal Classics and Jazz
Universal Classics and Jazz (UCJ) is the name of two record label divisions of the Universal Music Group record company.
Universal Music Classics & Jazz (Germany) is a division of Universal Music Germany and is marketed under websites called Klassik Akzente and Jazz Echo.
UCJ Japan (a.k.a. UM-CLJZ)
On 2013, Universal Music Japan merged the two labels into one. The label name is now Universal Classics and Jazz (UM-CLJZ).
Universal Classics and Jazz was a division of the Universal Music Group based in London, United Kingdom. The UCJ roster included Jamie Cullum, Aled Jones, Nicola Benedetti and Katherine Jenkins.
The label group was dismantled in 2011 with the restructuring of Universal Music UK's classical operations, as well Universal Music Group International's greater restructuring of its classical labels. The dismantling of UCJ ensued the revival of Decca Records in the UK, under the instigation of Max Hole, the newly appointed Chief operating officer (COO) of Universal Music Group International.
- "Universal Classics Japan Official Website". Universal Music Japan. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Universal Jazz". Universal Music Japan. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "UCJ Eyes Brand, Synch Opportunities". Billboard. 2008-11-18. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "UCJ Music". Classics and Jazz.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "The rise of Katherine Jenkins". BBC News. 2005-05-25. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- Universal Classics and Jazz – official site (UK)
- Universal Classics and Jazz – official site (JP)
- Universal Classics and Jazz discography at Discogs
|This article about a United Kingdom record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|