Universal Parks & Resorts
|Industry||Theme park operator|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, United States|
Chairman & CEO
|Revenue||$1.989 billion in 2011[dated info]|
|Subsidiaries||Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Parks & Resorts, commonly and also known as Universal Studios Theme Parks or solely Universal Theme Parks, is the theme park division of NBCUniversal (a subsidiary of Comcast). The division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the various Universal theme parks and resort properties around the world and it is primarily best known for attractions and lands throughout that are based on famous pop culture properties (movies, television, literature, cartoons, comics, video games, music, etc.) from not only Universal Studios and NBC, but as well as other companies outside from Universal. The division is headquartered in Orlando, Florida, United States.
In 2011, approximately 30.8 million guests visited the Universal Studios theme parks, making it the third-largest amusement park operator in the world.[dated info] It is one of the major competitors of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, SeaWorld Entertainment, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Merlin Entertainment.
Theme parks and resorts
- Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, Florida, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal PortAventura, Salou, Spain (1997–2004)
- Costa Caribe Aquatic Park, Salou, Spain (2002–2004)
These projects have been announced or are currently under construction. As such, this information may change as the projects move forward.
- Universal Studios South Korea, Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (Put on-hold)
- Universal Studios Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Put on-hold) (Broke ground on 2008/No construction since 2009)
- Universal Studios Moscow, Moscow, Russia (Put-on-hold)
- Universal Studios Beijing, Beijing, People's Republic of China (Opens 2019) 
- Volcano Bay, Orlando, Florida, United States (Opens 2017)
Theme park attractions and lands
Universal Studios incorporates many replicas of attractions and lands in multiple parks around the world. The pages linked above contain comprehensive lists of the attractions and lands at Universal theme parks. Most of the attractions and lands are based on Universal licenses and other licensed properties throughout the parks.
- "Comcast 2011 Annual Report". Comcast.com. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Official website
- Lieberman, David. "Comcast Completes Acquisition Of GE’s 49% Stake In NBCUniversal." Deadline.com (March 19, 2013)
- 2011 Theme Park Attendance Report
- "Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, Hollywood". Universal Studios Hollywood. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Theme Parks at Universal Orlando Resort". Universal Orlando. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Universal Studios Japan Corporate Information". Universal Studios Japan. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Resorts World Sentosa – Universal Studios Singapore". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved August 21, 2010.