Universal Parks & Resorts
|Subsidiary of NBCUniversal (a Division of Comcast)|
|Industry||Theme park operator|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, United States|
Chairman & CEO
|Revenue||$1.989 billion in 2011[dated info]|
|Subsidiaries||Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Parks & Resorts, commonly and also known as Universal Studios Theme Parks or solely Universal Theme Parks, is the theme park subsidiary of NBCUniversal, a division of Comcast. The subsidiary, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, US, operates Universal theme parks and resort properties around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts is best known for attractions and lands based on famous pop culture properties (movies, television, literature, cartoons, comics, video games, music, etc.) from not only NBCUniversal but also other companies.
In 2014, approximately 40.1 million guests visited Universal Studios theme parks, making it the third-largest amusement park operator in the world. It is a major competitor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, SeaWorld Entertainment, and Merlin Entertainments.
Theme parks and resorts
- Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, California, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, Florida, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal PortAventura, Salou, Spain (1997–2004)
- Costa Caribe Aquatic Park, Salou, Spain (2002–2004)
These projects have been announced or are currently under construction.
- Universal Studios South Korea, Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (on-hold)
- Universal Studios Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (on-hold) (Broke ground 2008, no construction since 2009)
- Volcano Bay, Orlando, Florida, United States (Opens 2017)
- Universal Studios Beijing, Beijing, People's Republic of China (Opens 2020) 
- Universal Studios Moscow, Moscow, Russia (Opens 2022)
Theme park attractions and lands
Universal Studios incorporates replicas of attractions and lands in multiple parks around the world. The pages linked above contain comprehensive lists of the attractions and lands at Universal theme parks. Most of the attractions and lands are based on Universal licenses and other licensed properties.
- "Comcast 2011 Annual Report". Comcast.com. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Official website
- Lieberman, David. "Comcast Completes Acquisition Of GE’s 49% Stake In NBCUniversal." Deadline.com (March 19, 2013)
- 2014 Theme Park Attendance Report
- "Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, Hollywood". Universal Studios Hollywood. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Theme Parks at Universal Orlando Resort". Universal Orlando. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Universal Studios Japan Corporate Information". Universal Studios Japan. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Resorts World Sentosa – Universal Studios Singapore". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved August 21, 2010.