Universidad de Sta. Isabel
Pamantasan ng Santa Isabel
The Heritage and Historical University of Bicol
|Escuela-Colegio Diocesano de Sta. Isabel|
(April 12, 1868)
Escuela Normal de Maestras (Jan. 11, 1872)
Colegio de Sta. Isabel
Motto in English
|Where Love is Service|
|Established||April 12, 1868|
(151 years and 64 days)
(Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul)
|CEAP, ACUP, ASEACCU, PAASCU|
|President||Sr. Lourdes L. Albis, DC|
|Vice-president||Sr.Geraldine J.Denoga, DC (VP for Administrative Services & Finance)|
Virginia C. Reyes, PhD
(VP for Student Development & Services)
|Principal||Simonet A. Barrosa, MAEd-RE (Principal, Basic Education)|
|Dean||Cesar C. San Jose, Ed.D, PhD (Dean, Graduate School) Nenette L. Abrigo, PhD
Salve T. Zuñiga, RN, MAN (Dean, College of Health Education)
Dynah Grace P. Bordado, MBA
(Dean, College of Business Education)
|Vice-Principal||Eden SB. Mabulo, MA|
(Vice Principal, BED-Night High School)
Ma. Luisa P. Vale, MACEd (Vice Principal, BED-Academics)
Elias Angeles St., Bagumbayan Sur,
|Campus||Main campus - Bagumbayan Sur, Naga|
Annex campus - Panganiban Drive, Naga City
Satellite campus -
Pili, Camarines Sur
|Alma Mater Song||"The University Hymn"|
|Patron saint||St. Elizabeth of Hungary|
The Universidad de Sta. Isabel (USI), the Heritage and Historical University of Bicol and the first normal school for women in the Philippines and Southeast Asia, is a private Catholic Vincentian university owned and run by the Daughters of Charity in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines. Established on 1868 and named in honor of St. Isabel, Queen of Hungary.
It was established by six Daughters of Charity sisters who arrived in the Bicol Region (Philippines) on April 4, 1868 with Bishop of Caceres, Most Rev. Francisco Gainza, O.P., founder of Colegio de Sta. Isabel. A Royal Decree of Queen Isabella II of Spain dated 5 November 1867 granted to the Lord Don Fray Francisco Gainza, Bishop of Nueva Caceres, the creation of a school for girls (escuela de niñas) which will be under the care of the Hijas de Caridad (Daughters of Charity).
The school was opened on April 12, 1868. In January 11, 1872 Colegio de Sta. Isabel became the first normal school for women in the Philippines and Southeast Asia under the name Escuela Normal de Maestras.
Colegio de Sta. Isabel achieved its university status in August 2001, and was renamed Universidad de Sta. Isabel. The main campus of the Universidad de Sta. Isabel is located at Elias Angeles St., Bagumbayan Sur, Naga City. An annex campus is located at Panganiban Drive, Naga City and a satellite campus in Pili, Camarines Sur.
- DOCTOR of Philosophy
- Major in Human Development Management
- MASTER of Arts in Education (Thesis Tract)
- Major in: Administration and Supervision, Guidance and Counseling, Filipino, Mathematics, Religious Education, Music Education & History
- MASTER in Education (Non-thesis track)
- MASTER in Management
- MASTER of Arts in Nursing
- Major in: Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Maternal Child Nursing & Nursing Administration (non-thesis program)
- MASTER of Science in Social Work
- College of Health Education
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICAL THERAPY
- College of Business Education
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- College of Arts and Sciences, Teacher Education, Social Work and Music Education
- BACHELOR OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOCIAL WORK
- BACHELOR OF MUSIC
- BACHELOR IN HUMAN SERVICES
- TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED)
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSE)
- Bachelor of Special Needs Education (BSNed)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd)
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts Education (BCAEd)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (BECE)
USI as National Historical Landmark
In recognition of the important role the academe played in history, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) has declared the Universidad de Sta. Isabel (USI) as a National Historical Landmark by virtue of Republic Act No. 10086.
At the unveiling ceremony of the historical marker, NCHP Chairman Dr. Rene R. Esclante said that USI is important in the history of the Philippines as this is the oldest school in the country and the first normal school for women built during the Spanish era, where traces of the old structures and even the courses offered still exists as to this time.
- April 17, Rudolph Ian Alama Published on; 2018. "Bicol historical-heritage university celebrates 150th Foundation Day". pia.gov.ph. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Formation - Information - Sharing - Prayer... | Filles de la Charité de Saint Vincent de Paul". Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul". www.newadvent.org. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Universidad de Sta. Isabel – PAASCU". Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Universidad de Santa Isabel". web.archive.org. 2002-10-15. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "NHCP declares USI as National Historical Landmark". pia.gov.ph. February 4, 2019. Retrieved 2019-05-14. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 10066 | GOVPH". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Republic Act No. 10066" (PDF).
- St, Bicol; ard. "Universidad de Sta. Isabel recognized as national historical landmark". BICOL STANDARD | Bicol News. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Arguelles, Mar S. "I am the pure Bicolano candidate for VP–Leni". newsinfo.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2019-05-15.