University of Mons
|Université de Mons|
The University of Mons (French: Université de Mons) is a new Belgian university located in the city of Mons, created by merging the Engineering Faculty of Mons (FPMs) and the University of Mons-Hainaut. The merging of the institutions was achieved following a geographical logic because of the high complementarity between them and their location in the same city.
This merger was accepted by the two universities on 6 July 2007 and confirmed by the Belgian French Community Parliament on 25 November 2008. From an administrative point of view the University of Mons was founded on 1 January 2009.
Prof. Calogero Conti, former rector of the Engineering Faculty of Mons, became the first rector of the University of Mons.
The University of Mons is the fourth (and smallest) university of the French community of Belgium with about 5,700 students.
- Faculté Polytechnique de Mons (FPMs) - Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Economics and Management (Warocqué)
- Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Translation and Interpretation (EII)
- Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning (from 2010)
- Institute for Social Sciences
- Institute for Legal Sciences
- Institute for Language Sciences
- 20 research fields (grouping several labs per research field)
- 4 research centres:
- Dozens of Spin-offs, Start-ups, Patents ...
The TELEMEDIA programme is designed for telecom and multimedia aficionados willing to gain skills and knowledge in those applied fields. The degree is definitely an asset in leading sectors such as: satellites, phone services, cable broadcasting and telephony, multimedia applications, computer networks, data security, mobile phone and internet telecommunication technology.
BIOSYS is a specialized Master in Biosystems Engineering, focusing on methods and techniques for measurement, signal processing, system modelling, optimization and control with applications in medical signal and image processing, as well as process applications in the bio-industry, including red, green and white biotechnology.
- MATERIALS SCIENCE - FROM DESIGN TO APPLICATIONS
The master's degree in Materials Science “From Design to Applications” aims at providing a multidisciplinary, research-oriented training in Materials Science. Note that this master benefits from a multidisciplinary collaboration between the Schools of Engineering and Faculties of Science. It also benefits from the participation of the Materia Nova and INISMa research centres.
- Top Industrial Managers for Europe
- Science and technology in Wallonia
- University Foundation
- Initialis Science Park
- Science Parks of Wallonia
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|