This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Education and research|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
Universitas 21 (U21) is a network of research-intensive universities.  It was founded in Melbourne, Australia in 1997, with 11 members, and has grown to include twenty-seven member universities in seventeen different countries and territories.
The universities collaborate on many levels of undergraduate and postgraduate research, and several hundred students per year participate in student programmes.
Since 2012, Universitas 21 has commissioned the "U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems". Produced by researchers at the University of Melbourne, this ranking aims to show which countries create a "strong environment" that allows universities to contribute to growth, provide a high-quality student experience and help institutions compete globally. It evaluates the standing of national higher education systems by providing rankings in four broad areas: resources, environment, connectivity and output. The rankings are then combined to provide an overall ranking. The ranking is then adjusted by GDP per capita, which allows countries to be compared to others at a similar stage of economic development.
Universitas 21 is a United Nations Academic Impact Partner.
- Korea University (South Korea) 
- University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) 
- Fudan University (People's Republic of China)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (People's Republic of China) 
- Waseda University (Japan)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- University College Dublin (Republic of Ireland)
- University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- University of Birmingham (United Kingdom)
- University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- University of Glasgow (United Kingdom)
- University of Nottingham (United Kingdom)
- University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
- University of Connecticut (United States)
- University of Maryland (United States)
- The University of California, Davis (United States)https://universitas21.com/news-and-events/news/universitas-21-welcomes-university-california-davis
- University of Auckland (New Zealand)
- University of Queensland (Australia)
- University of Melbourne (Australia)
- University of New South Wales (Australia)
- "About Universitas 21". www.universitas21.com. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Universitas 21 | Global Maryland, University of Maryland". globalmaryland.umd.edu. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Universitas 21 | UNSW Current Students". student.unsw.edu.au. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Universitas 21 : Melbourne Global Mobility : The University of Melbourne". www.mobility.unimelb.edu.au. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- Williams et al. (2013), p.600.
- "U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems | Universitas 21". universitas21.com. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- email@example.com (2 April 2014). "Partners". academicimpact.un.org. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Member List". www.universitas21.com. Retrieved 8 May 2018.