Universiti Malaysia Perlis
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2009)|
|Universiti Malaysia Perlis|
|Motto||Knowledge, Sincerity, Excellence|
|Chancellor||Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail, Raja Muda Perlis|
|Vice-Chancellor||Brig. Gen. Prof. Dato' Dr. Kamarudin Hussin|
|Location||Kangar and Arau, Perlis, Malaysia|
|Campus||Main campus in Kubang Gajah Arau|
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) is a Malaysian public institution of higher learning located in Perlis. lt was previously known as Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Utara Malaysia (English: Northern Malaysia University College of Engineering). lt was established as the 17th Public lnsititution of Higher Learning in Malaysia on 25 July 2001. Brigadier General Datuk Prof. Dr. Kamarudin Hussin is the first and current Vice-Chancellor of UniMAP.
UniMAP began its operations at a temporary campus in Kubang Gajah, Arau, Perlis on 2 May 2002. Curriculum development, physical development and recruitment activities began shortly after the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor on 16 February 2002. The first intake of 119 students for the academic session 2002/2003 began on 20 June 2002. lnitially offering only two programmes, now UniMAP offers 6 Diploma programmes, 37 Bachelor's Degree programmes, 20 Master's Degree programmes and 12 Doctor of Philosophy programmes for almost 10,000 students. Located in the north of Peninsular Malaysia, UniMAP boasts a distributed campus with over 30 locations across the state of Perlis.
UniMAP permanent campus covers two location; Kampus Alam UniMAP Pauh Putra which covers an area of 1,050 acres and Kampus Hijau UniMAP Sungai Chuchuh an area of 300 acres. Kampus Alam UniMAP Pauh Putra accommodates the School of Manufacturing Engineering, School of Mechatronic Engineering, School of Microelectric Engineering, School of Computer and Communication Engineering and the School of Electrical Systems Engineering. Also in the campus are the Engineering Centre, Centre for lndustrial and Governmental Collaboration, lnstitute of Engineering Mathematics, the Lecture Hall Complex, the Multipurpose Hall, Residential Colleges developed through a Private Finance lnitiative (PFl), an lnternational-class Go-Kart Circuit and the Syed Sirajuddin Areeb Putra Sports Complex.
Kampus Hijau UniMAP Sungai Chuchuh houses the Faculty of Engineering Technology, a Residential College constructed using the lndustrialised Building System (lBS) and the lnstitute of Sustainable Agrotechnology (INSAT) which runs nine High-Tech Greenhouses including two dedicated to Harumanis mango research.
Under the Northern Corridor lmplementation Authority (NCIA), UniMAP, in collaboration with JBP Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd is working on a two-phase pioneer project for year-round commercial production of the Harumanis Mango. 50 greenhouses each with an area of 0.5 acres will be developed for the first phase of the project. The second phase will oversee the development of 50 more greenhouses.
⇒ UniMAP is founded based on its objectives to produce highly skilled engineers to fulfill the national industrial plan and to provide an alternative for students with an inclination for practical learning.
⇒ UniMAP implements teaching and learning in accordance with Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC)/Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) accreditation requirement to produce capable engineers who are able to apply any theoretical concepts.
⇒UniMAP academic programmes are based on 80% teaching of theory and 20% practical.
⇒The curriculum has been designed to be equivalent to any accredited engineering programmes, whether locally or from abroad. Students are trained with skills in communication, entrepreneurship, management, accounting, co-curricular activities and personal development.
- School of Microelectronic Engineering
- School of Computer and Communication Engineering
- School of Electrical Systems Engineering
- School of Material Engineering
- School of Manufacturing Engineering
- School of Mechatronic Engineering
- School of Bioprocess Engineering
- School of Environmental Engineering
- School of Business lnnovation and Technopreneurship
- School of Human Development & Technocommunication
- lnternational Residential College
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Residential College (PFl 1 Residential College, Pauh Putra Campus)
- Tun Abdul Razak Residential College
- Tun Hussien Onn Residential College
- Tun Dr. Mahathir Residential College
- Tun Dr. lsmail Residential College
- Tun Ghafar Baba Residential College
- Tan Sri Aishah Ghani Residential College
- Tun Fatimah Residential College
- Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi Residential College
- UniClTl Alam Residential College
The first and current UniMAP Chancellor is the DYTM Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra lbni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail who was appointed on the 1" September 2003 by the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Dipertuan Agong, As the holder of the highest honorary position, His Highness is a symbol of recognition accorded to the university. The Pro Chancellor of UniMAP is the DYTM Raja Puan Muda Perlis, Tuanku Hajjah Lailatul Shareen Akashah Khalil.
UniMAP's University Board of Directors is currently chaired by Yang Berbahagia Dato' Prof. Emeritus lr. Dr. Zainai bin Mohamed. UniMAP's management is helmed by a Vice Chancellor appointed by the Minister of Higher Education and is aided by three Deputy Vice-Chancellors, namely the Deputy Vice- Chancellors of Academic and lnternational, Research and lnnovation, and Student Affairs and Alumni. The Registrar, the Bursar and the Head Librarian also make up UniMAP's top management.
|2013||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2014||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2015||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
- "The Chancellor - UniMAP". Chancellor of Universiti Malaysia Perlis. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Home". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Home". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Home - Pusat Pengajian Kejuruteraan Sistem Elektrik - UniMAP". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "School Of Materials Engineering - Pusat Pengajian Kejuruteraan Bahan - UniMAP". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Home". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Home - School of Mechatronic Engineering UniMAP". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "School of Bioprocess Engineering, UniMAP". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "The School of Environmental Engineering". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "School of Business lnnovation and Technopreneurship". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Super User. "iKOM". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Universiti Malaysia Perlis". Quacquarelli Symonds. Retrieved 17 September 2015.