Universiti Malaysia Perlis
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Universiti Malaysia Perlis|
|Motto||Knowledge, Sincerity, Excellence|
|Chancellor||Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail, Raja Muda Perlis|
|Vice-Chancellor||Brig. Gen. Prof. Dato' Dr. Kamarudin Hussin|
|Location||Kangar and Arau, Perlis, Malaysia|
|Campus||Main campus in Kubang Gajah Arau|
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) is a Malaysian public institution of higher learning located in Perlis. It was previously known as Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Utara Malaysia (English: Northern Malaysia University College of Engineering). It was established as the 17th Public Insititution of Higher Learning in Malaysia on 25 July 2001. Brigadier General Datuk Prof. Dr. Kamarudin Hussin is the first and current Vice-Chancellor.
UniMAP began its operations at a temporary campus in Kubang Gajah, Arau, Perlis on 2 May 2002. Curriculum development, physical development and recruitment activities began shortly after the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor on 16 February 2002. The first intake of 119 students for the academic session 2002/2003 began on 20 June 2002.
Initially offering two programmes, UniMAP now offers 6 Diploma programmes, 37 Bachelor's Degree programmes, 20 Master's Degree programmes and 12 Doctor of Philosophy programmes for almost 10,000 students. Located in the north of Peninsular Malaysia, UniMAP has a distributed campus with 30 locations across the state of Perlis.
UniMAP permanent campus covers two locations:
- Kampus Alam UniMAP Pauh Putra covers 1,050 acres. It accommodates the School of Manufacturing Engineering, School of Mechatronic Engineering, School of Microelectric Engineering, School of Computer and Communication Engineering and the School of Electrical Systems Engineering. Also on the campus are the Engineering Centre, Centre for Industrial and Governmental Collaboration, Institute of Engineering Mathematics, the lecture hall complex, the multipurpose hall, residential colleges developed through a private finance initiative, an international-class go-kart circuit and the Syed Sirajuddin Areeb Putra Sports Complex.
- Kampus Hijau UniMAP Sungai Chuchuh covers 300 acres. It houses the Faculty of Engineering Technology, a residential college, and the institute of Sustainable Agrotechnology (INSAT) which runs nine greenhouses including two dedicated to Harumanis mango research.
The first and current Chancellor is the DYTM Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail who was appointed on the 1" September 2003 by the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Dipertuan Agong.The Pro Chancellor is the DYTM Raja Puan Muda Perlis, Tuanku Hajjah Lailatul Shareen Akashah Khalil.
The university Board of Directors is chaired by Yang Berbahagia Dato' Prof. Emeritus lr. Dr. Zainai bin Mohamed. UniMAP's management is helmed by a Vice Chancellor appointed by the Minister of Higher Education and is aided by three Deputy Vice-Chancellors, namely the Deputy Vice- Chancellors of Academic and International, Research and Innovation, and Student Affairs and Alumni. The Registrar, the Bursar and the Head Librarian also make up UniMAP's top management.
|2013||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2014||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2015||201-250||QS Asian University Rankings|
- "The Chancellor - UniMAP". Chancellor of Universiti Malaysia Perlis. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions, of Higher Learning". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "GU8 Member Institutions". Global U8 Consortium. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Universiti Malaysia Perlis". Quacquarelli Symonds. Retrieved 17 September 2015.