Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Excellence Through Competency|
|Established||1 December 2000|
|Chancellor||Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Dato' Seri Haji Mohd Khalil bin Yaakob|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Datuk Dr. Shahrin bin Sahib@Sahibuddin|
|Location||Hang Tuah Jaya, Durian Tunggal, Malacca, Malaysia|
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) or Technical University of Malaysia Malacca is a public university located in Durian Tunggal, Alor Gajah, Malacca, Malaysia. It is the pioneer in the use of the "Practice and Application Oriented" teaching and learning method for tertiary level technical education in Malaysia.
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) was established on 1 December 2000. UTeM is the 14th public university in Malaysia. It is a pioneer in the “Practice and Application Oriented” teaching and learning method for technical education in Malaysia.
Located in the UNESCO world heritage city of Malacca, Set within 766 acres of lush verdant landscape boasting state-of-the art facilities in all its seven faculties.
Faculty, Institute & Academic Centre
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Manufacturing Engineering
- Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
- Faculty of Technology Management and Technopreneurship
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Centre For Languages And Human Development
- Institute of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship
General Educational Goals
- To conduct academic and professional programmes based on relevant needs of the industries.
- To produce graduates with relevant knowledge, technical competency, soft skills, social responsibility and accountability.
- To cultivate scientific method, critical thinking, creative and innovative problem solving and autonomy in decision making amongst graduates.
- To foster development and innovation activities in collaboration with industries for the prosperity of the Nation.
- To equip graduates with leadership and teamwork skills as well as develop communication and lifelong learning skills.
- To develop technopreneurship and managerial skills amongst graduates.
- To instill an appreciation of the arts and cultural values and awareness of healthy life styles amongst graduates.
- Fast Fact UTeM Official Website
- Vision, Mission & Motto UTeM Official Website
- Undergraduate UTeM Official Website
- Postgraduate UTeM Official Website
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
- UTeM Library
- Vice Chancellor
- Official website - IPTA application
- Education Malaysia
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency