University Carlo Cattaneo
Libera Università Carlo Cattaneo
|Rector||Prof. Federico Visconti|
History and Profile
It was founded in 1991, by around 300 entrepreneurs, as a joint venture between Italian corporations who provided the initial funding and continued to provide support and guidance under the seal of the Industrial Association of the Province of Varese (UNIVA). The university, housed in a restored nineteenth century cotton mill, is organized into three Faculties (Business & Economics, Business Law and Management Engineering). The University is named after Carlo Cattaneo, a nineteenth-century local thinker and economist. Evolution of course offerings:
- In 1991, the university opened with an incoming class for the Bachelor of Business Administration (Economia Aziendale).
- In 1994, a diploma in Engineering Management was offered.
- In 1998, the bachelor's program in Business Law was introduced.
Faculty of Business & Economics
- Laurea in Economia Aziendale
- Laurea Magistrale in Economia Aziendale
The degree programs in Business & Economics at LIUC are an expression of the world of companies in one of the territories more dynamic and productive in Europe. This network of relationships with unique customers that the University has known how to grow with the companies of the area, allows students to build a curriculum of study and a learning process that makes easier entry into the world of work. The degree offers a preparation in the disciplines of Business and Economics, to cover all functions and the business processes and foster interdisciplinary. This approach is supposed to facilitate graduates life by entering in a lots contexts , giving them the capacity to interact among the management areas of a company bringing back a system each entity.
This university also offers some programs that are completely taught in English, to let students be ready to face problems and situations in an international environment.
Faculty of Engineering
- Laurea in Ingegneria Gestionale
- Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Gestionale
Faculty of Law
- Laurea Magistrale in Giurisprudenza
Rankings and Research
It is one of the three Italian Universities (together with SDA Bocconi and Università Cattolica) part of the Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness's network teaching Michael Porter's Microeconomics of Competitiveness graduate class.In 2015 the Italian economic newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore placed LIUC university as third best private economic school in Italy by didactics, and fifth taking into account also research. However the University is not ranked among "QS Top University"'s ranking
Student and Alumni Associations
Alumni - Students and researchers who attended at least 1-year at the University Carlo Cattaneo participate in the LIUC Alumni Association.
Leo Club - Is an extension of Lions International and it is composed by young people. The purpose is organize services to rise money for pro-bono causes.
ESN - Erasmus Student Network is a no-profit international student organisation. The mission is to represent international students under the principle of "Students Helping Students".
Junior Enterprise LIUC - Offers teams of students with the ability to perform management consulting projects for companies located in Italy and abroad.
ELSA - Is part of European Law Students' Association, the world's largest independent law students' association.
- (in Italian) University Carlo Cattaneo Website
- (in Italian) University Carlo Cattaneo (Italian Wikipedia)
- LIUC Alumni
- "An old cotton mill turned into a beautiful campus". Università Carlo Cattaneo. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "MOC Universities". ISC - Harvard Business School. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "La classifica delle migliori università italiane". Il Sole 24 ORE. Retrieved 2016-12-15.