|Location||Wembley Stadium, London, Etihad Stadium, Manchester, and Turf Moor, Burnley Football Club, United Kingdom
UCFB is a Higher Education institution offering undergraduate and postgraduate university degrees and executive education in the football business, sport and events industries.
UCFB has three campus locations:
UCFB Burnley opened in 2011 at Burnley Football Club.. The Queen and Prince Philip visited UCFB Burnley during their tour of Turf Moor and Burnley Football Club as part of the Jubilee Celebrations.
The launch of UCFB’s third campus, UCFB Etihad Campus, at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester marks a significant step in UCFB’s growth. Opening in autumn 2016, the UCFB Etihad Campus facilities will include access to state-of-the-art, modern sporting facilities such as the Manchester Regional Arena and Indoor Athletics centre, National Squash Centre, Belle Vue Leisure Centre and the National Basketball Performance Centre.
In October 2015 it was announced that UCFB has gained a Postgraduate partnership with the Real Madrid Graduate School allowing students to spend months of their MSc International Sport Management course with the school affiliated with the Spanish Football Club.
UCFB Wembley, UCFB Etihad Campus and UCFB Burnley are located inside and surrounding their respective stadiums, with some classrooms overlooking the pitch.
- BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- BA (Hons) Multimedia Sports Journalism
- BA (Hons) Football Business & Finance
- BA (Hons) Football Business & Marketing
- BA (Hons) Football Business & Media
- BA (Hons) Sports Business & Coaching
- BA (Hons) International Football Business
- BA (Hons) Sports Business & Sports Law
- BSc (Hons) Sports Psychology
- BA (Hons) Physical Education
- BA (Hons) Sports Business & Sports Broadcasting
- BA (Hons) Stadium & Events Management
- MSc Sport Management
- MSc International Sport Management
- NCTJ Diploma in Journalism
UCFB's Complementary Curriculum includes its Executive Speaker Series and work experience opportunities, with UCFB students learning from leading figures within the football and sport industries. Previous guest speakers at UCFB have included England manager Gareth Southgate and Sky Sports News presenter Hayley McQueen.
UCFB students also have the opportunity to work towards a number of internal and external additional qualifications relevant to the industry. These include FA Coaching certificates, STATS (formerly Prozone Performance Analysis) and foreign language qualifications.
UCFB has links with football and sports industry organisations such as the Professional Footballers Association (PFA), Premier League, The Football League, The Football Association (FA), Scottish Professional Football League, League Managers Association, The National League, BT Sport, BBC Sport, ITV Sport and Sky Sports.
Employability & Enhancement Panel
- Dr Brian Barwick - Chairman of the UCFB Advisory Board, Chairman of the Rugby Football League and Super League;
- Alastair Campbell - Former Government Director of Communications & Strategy;
- Neil Doncaster - Chief Executive of the Scottish Professional Football League;
- Martin Prothero - Former Senior Vice President, Sports Marketing at UMBRO;
- Mike Phelan - Former Manager of Hull City Football Club and Former Assistant Manager of Manchester United;
- Kelly Simmons MBE - Director of Football Participation and Development at The FA;
- Adrian Bevington - Former Managing Director of the England National Teams;
- Paul Nolan - Former Group Human Resources Director at The FA and Wembley Stadium;
- Rachel Brown-Finnis - Broadcaster at BBC Sport and BT Sport, and Former Everton, England and Team GB Footballer;
- Andy Gatcliffe - Former Chief Executive of Warrington Wolves Rugby League Club;
- Sue Smith - Doncaster Rovers Belles & England Footballer, and Broadcaster at BBC Sport, BT Sport and ESPN;
- Michael Tattersall - Chief Executive of The National League
- Andrew Kean - Chief Executive and Founder of FirstPoint USA
- Brendan Flood - Chairman of UCFB and Director of Burnley FC;
- John Banaszkiewicz - Director of UCFB and Burnley FC;
- Paul Fletcher MBE - Director of UCFB, Former Burnley FC, Bolton Wanderers and Blackpool Footballer, and Former Chief Executive of Burnley FC, Huddersfield Town and Bolton Wanderers;
- Professor Carl Lygo - Non-Executive Director of UCFB, Chief Executive of BPP Holdings Ltd, and Vice Chancellor of BPP University;
- Bill Holroyd CBE - Director of UCFB, and Chairman and Founder of OnSide Youthzones.
- Brendan Flood - Chairman of UCFB and Director of Burnley FC;
- Paul Cassell - Principal of UCFB.
- John Davies - Chief Financial Officer of UCFB;
- Sharona Friedman - Chief Marketing Officer of UCFB;
- "UK university to offer only football business degrees". BBC. June 10, 2011.
- "Wembley announced as second home for Burnley’s UCFB". Burnley Express. February 27, 2013.
- Daydy, Graham. "By Royal appointment". Total Football Magazine.
- "Queen's Diamond Jubilee tour reaches Lancashire". BBC. May 16, 2012.
- "UCFB in landmark deal with Wembley Stadium". FC Business (magazine).
- "UCFB Wembley launched". theFA.com. February 26, 2013.
- Barwick, Brian. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Campbell, Alastair. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Doncaster, Neil. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Prothero, Martin. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Phelan, Mike. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Simmons, Kelly. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Bevington, Adrian. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Nolan, Paul. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Brown-Finnis, Rachel. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Gatcliffe, Andy. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Smith, Sue. "Our Employability & Enhancement Panel".
- Flood, Brendan. "Our Executive Board".
- Banaszkiewicz, John. "Our Executive Board".
- Fletcher, Paul. "Our Executive Board".
- Lygo, Carl. "Our Executive Board".
- Holroyd, Bill. "Our Executive Board".
- Flood, Brendan. "Our Operational Board".
- Cassell, Paul. "Our Operational Board".
- Davies, John. "Our Operational Board".
- Friedman, Sharona. "Our Operational Board".
- "Degree programmes at UCFB". UCFB.
- "The virtual tour of UCFB's campuses at Wembley Stadium, London, Etihad Stadium, Manchester and Turf Moor, Burnley Football Club". UCFB.
- Brown, Jonathan (December 9, 2010). "Lessons in the beautiful game: True fanatics can now enroll in a degree in football". Independent.