University Heights, Calgary
|Coordinates: 51°04′20″N 114°08′9″W / 51.07222°N 114.13583°WCoordinates: 51°04′20″N 114°08′9″W / 51.07222°N 114.13583°W|
|• Mayor||Jyoti Gondek|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Terry Wong|
|• Total||0.7 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft)|
|• Average Income||$43,079|
|Website||University Heights Community Association|
University Heights is a residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is bordered by the University of Calgary, McMahon Stadium, the Alberta Children's Hospital and Foothills Hospital. It is a relatively small neighbourhood and is bounded to the north by 24 Avenue NW, to the east by University Drive NW, to the south by 16 Avenue NW (Trans-Canada Highway) and to the west by Shaganappi Trail NW.
University Heights was established in 1963. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 1 councillor.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, University Heights had a population of 2,928 living in 1,380 dwellings, a 1.3% increase from its 2011 population of 2,890. With a land area of 0.8 km2 (0.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,660/km2 (9,500/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $43,079 in 2000, and there were 30.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 28% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 64.6% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 66.5% of the housing was used for renting.
There are two schools in this neighbourhood:
- Westmount Charter School
- University Elementary School.
- ^ a b "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- ^ a b City of Calgary (2006). "University Heights Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- ^ a b "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- ^ City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 1 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- Media related to University Heights, Calgary at Wikimedia Commons