University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra University
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Kurukshetra, Haryana, India|
|Campus||Kurukshetra, Haryana, India|
University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) was established by Kurukshetra University in 2004 to be developed as a "Centre of Excellence" in order to offer quality technical education and to undertake research in Engineering & Technology. It is a government college situated in University campus of kurukshetra university. Within a short span of time, UIET has earned 25th all India Rank in India Today Survey 2016.
The institute is also serving as a nodal agency for the matters of academic importance like, development of scheme of examination, syllabus, academic plan and maintenance of standards in affiliated Engineering colleges and is headed by Director and Dean, Engineering and Technology, Prof.C.C. Tripathi. The institute was started with the help of the World Bank and functions as a self-financed college. The college is under University administration.
The institute is located in the prolific green campus of the Kurukshetra University, along the south bank of the holy tank, the Brahmasarovar. The university campus is located in Thanesar, Kurukshetra, Haryana (29.9657° N, 76.8370° E). The campus is located at a distance of 175 km from New Delhi and 100 km from Chandigarh. It is well connected via the Indian Railways network. The two nearest international airports are located in Chandigarh and New Delhi. Kurukshetra being situated on the NH-1 is well connected by road to various important cities of North India.
The institute comprises the following departments:
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Department of Biotechnology
The co-curricular activities take part under these student bodies:
- Digiterati runs programming tests and quizzes.
- Excellence Foundation encompasses all the activities related to development of the student such as:
- Inter college Technical Fest "EXCELSIOR"
- Personality development program.
- Cultural Fest.
- Executive Meets.
- Genesis is a club of Biotechnology students, uniting students in Kurukshetra University and Haryana State. It organises seminars, quizzes and discussions.
- Innovatia is for Electronic students.
UIET stands tall among competitors with all the advanced sports infrastructure provided by the sports department of Kurukshetra University.
- UIET has organized an inter-college sports meet "PRATISPARDHA-2007" in which 16 colleges from Haryana participated.
- "Kurukshetra University :: Kurukshetra". www.kuk.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "University Institute of Engineering & Technology Best Engineering Colleges 2016 India Today Survey". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "World Bank assisted TEQIP-II grant to UIET" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "UIET, KUK, Official website". www.uietkuk.org. Retrieved 2017-12-04.