University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University
|University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh|
Official logo of UIET,Panjab University
|Type||Department of Panjab University|
|Director||Prof. Renu Vig|
|Affiliations||All India Council for Technical Education|
University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) is an engineering and management institute of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India. It offers undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (Dual Degree BEMBA, M.Tech degree) as well as doctoral courses. The institute is granted funds from the central government to improve its infrastructure and facilities. UIET has interactions and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) with industry and academia like the IT giant Infosys (Campus Connect Program), IBM, IMTECH, and Bharti Group (Bharti Chair for research). The institute has a memorandum signed with the University of Western Australia.
UIET is in the southern campus of Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh with lush greenery. It has two academic blocks which include labs, office, and lecture halls. There are blocks for mechanical labs and workshops. There is ATM on the campus. Wi-Fi and Internet access is provided in some parts of the campus. Students are from all over the nation, few are day scholars and many live in hostels which provide accommodation, food, washrooms, and sporting facilities.
UIET offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (BE) courses and five-year integrated BE/Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses in Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering. Master of Engineering (ME) courses are offered in the same areas except Biotechnology Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering. UIET offers full time Ph.D courses in all discipline of Engineering.
Admissions to undergraduate courses are made through the JEE(Main) rank. Admissions to Master of Engineering courses are made through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations.Admissions to Ph.D courses are made through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations and University Ph.D Entrance Test.
|Engineering – India|
UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 17 among top engineering colleges of North India: THE WEEK 2013
UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 29 among top engineering colleges of India : Outlook professional colleges handbook 2013
UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 10 among top engineering colleges of north India: Go Education Engineering Colleges Survey 2012 Go Education Engineering Colleges Survey 2012
UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 31 among top engineering colleges of India: OUTLOOK survey 2012
- ACLIT (academic and literary)
- PR (Public Relations and Tours)
- Sports committee
- Cultural Committee
- Brand Promotion Committee (BPC)
- Technical Committee
- Hospitality Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Training and Placement Committee (TPC)
Apart from the 'UTECHNOS' Committees there are official student groups such as the 'OSMIUM' theatre group, 'PopKorns' dance group, Mitra, Rotaract-UIET, etc. involved in specific student activities.
Cultural and technical festivals
'Goonj' is the annual cultural festival, organised by the students of UIET. Events include quizzes, workshops, game shows, informal events, fashion show (Glitterati), dance show (Groovz), rock night, Pronite, and a city-level beauty pageant.
Conferences, events, competitions with workshops and lectures by eminent guests across the world are organised every year. Some of the conferences include National Conference on Computing, Communication and Control (3C-2009), National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (NCAME-2011), etc.
UIET has been hosting SAE EFFI-CYCLE, from the first season; it is now in its third season, with more than 120 teams competing including four IITs.
- IEEE-UIET, the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Student Chapter
- SAE-UIET, the Society of Automotive Engineers Student Chapter, which encapsulates three main events related to mechanical engineering: BAJA, Student Formula One, and Aero-modelling.
- CSI-UIET, the Computer Society of India UIET Chapter
- SBE-UIET, Student Chapter of The Society for Biological Engineers, UIET, Panjab University
UAA (UIET Alumni Association) is the official alumni association recognised by the institute.
- "AICTE Accredited". AICTE. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Reviews on UIET". Yahoo India. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Departments of Panjab University". Panjab University. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Central Government Funds". aieeeplus. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Collaboration with University of Western Australia". Tribune newspaper. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- > "Location". Google Maps.
- "University Institute of Engineering & Technology". uiet.puchd.ac.in. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Admission Site". Education Informatics Division, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India. 24 June 2011.
- "Best Engineering colleges 2013". India Today. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "Student Committees". Uiet Cafe. 24 June 2011.
- "Student Activities". UIET. 24 June 2011.
- "Blood Donation Camp by PR committee". Bharatsandesh. 24 June 2011.
- "Osmium Documentary". Ecombase. 24 June 2011.
- "Goonj'11 Official site". Goonj Organizing Committee. 24 June 2011.
- "Goonj'11". know a fest(recognised fest site). 24 June 2011.
- "Chandigarh Stories-Goonj". The Tribune. India.
- "Job Fair". Indian Express Newspaper. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "UIET Students in News". Indian Express Newspaper. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Efficycle-SAE Event". MSN India. 24 June 2011.
- "UIET Students create Website for Blood Donation". Times of India(Newspaper). 26 June 2011.
- "National Conference on Computing, Communication and Control (3C-2009)". Bharat Sandesh.
- "Advances in Mechanical Engineering". Tribune Newspaper.
- "EFFI CYCLE". Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "IEEE-UIET". IEEE-UIET. 24 June 2011.
- "IEEE-UIET Conference ICAER'10". IEEE-Delhi Section. 24 June 2011.
- "ICAER 2010". IEEE-Delhi Region. 24 June 2011.
- "SAE-India Official site for Efficycle". SAE-India. 24 June 2011.
- "UIET Alumni Association". UIET, Panjab University Alumni. 7 October 2013.