University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University
|University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh|
Official logo of UIET,Panjab University
|Type||Department of Panjab University|
|Director||Prof. Renu Vig|
|Affiliations||[PUNJAB UNIVERSITY , AICTE]|
University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) is an engineering and management institute of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India offering undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (Dual Degree BEMBA, M.Tech degree) as well as doctoral courses. The institute is granted funds from the central government to improve its infrastructure and facilities. UIET has interactions and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) with industry and academia like the IT giant Infosys (Campus Connect Program), IBM, IMTECH, and Bharti Group (Bharti Chair for research). The institute has a memorandum signed with the University of Western Australia.
UIET is in the southern campus of Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh with lush greenery. It has two academic blocks which include labs, office, library,and lecture halls. There are blocks for mechanical labs and workshops. There is ATM on the campus. Wi-Fi and Internet access is provided in some parts of the campus. Students are from all over the nation, few are day scholars and many live in hostels which provide accommodation, food, washrooms, and sporting facilities.
UIET offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (BE) courses and five-year integrated BE/Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses in Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering. Master of Engineering (ME) courses are offered in the same areas except Biotechnology Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering. UIET offers full-time Ph.D courses in all discipline of Engineering.
Admissions to undergraduate courses are made through the JEE(Main) rank. Admissions to Master of Engineering courses are made through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations.Admissions to Ph.D courses are made through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations and University Ph.D Entrance Test.
|Engineering – India|
- UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 17 among top engineering colleges of North India: THE WEEK 2013
- UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 29 among top engineering colleges of India : Outlook professional colleges handbook 2013
- UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 10 among top engineering colleges of north India: Go Education Engineering Colleges Survey 2012
- UIET ranking: UIET ranked at position 31 among top engineering colleges of India: OUTLOOK survey 2012
- Student Team for Alumni Relations (STAR, UIET) 
- PR (Public Relations and Tours)
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Sports committee
- Cultural Committee
- Brand Promotion Committee (BPC)
- Technical Committee
- Hospitality Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Training and Placement Committee (TPC)
- PRT Committee
Apart from the 'UTECHNOS' Committees there are official student groups such as the 'OSMIUM' theatre group,.
Cultural and technical festivals
'Goonj' is the annual cultural festival, organised by the students of UIET. Events include quizzes, workshops, game shows, informal events, fashion show (Glitterati), dance show (Groovz), rock night, Pronite, and a city-level beauty pageant.
Conferences, events, competitions with workshops and lectures by eminent guests across the world are organised every year. Some of the conferences include National Conference on Computing, Communication and Control (3C-2009), National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (NCAME-2011), etc.
UIET has been hosting SAE EFFI-CYCLE, from the first season; it is now in its third season, with more than 120 teams competing including four IITs.
- IEEE-UIET, the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Student Chapter
- SAE-UIET, the Society of Automotive Engineers Student Chapter, which encapsulates three main events related to mechanical engineering: BAJA, Student Formula One, and Aero-modelling.
- CSI-UIET, the Computer Society of India UIET Chapter
- SBE-UIET, Student Chapter of The Society for Biological Engineers, UIET, Panjab University
The Alumni Affairs Office at UIET was set up in March 2013 and is maintained by the Student Team for Alumni Relations (STAR) and a 10 member faculty team who supervise alumni events and activities through their pragmatic assistance. The office has played a substantial role in building relations with alumni and getting them back to the campus for further growth and development of the college.
- "AICTE Accredited". AICTE. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Reviews on UIET". Yahoo India. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Departments of Panjab University". Panjab University. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Central Government Funds". aieeeplus. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Collaboration with University of Western Australia". Tribune newspaper. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- > "Location". Google Maps.
- "University Institute of Engineering & Technology". uiet.puchd.ac.in. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Admission Site". Education Informatics Division, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India. 24 June 2011.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "Student Committees". Uiet Cafe. 24 June 2011.
- "Student Activities". UIET. 24 June 2011.
- "STAR, UIET".
- "Blood Donation Camp by PR committee". Bharatsandesh. 24 June 2011.
- "Osmium Documentary". Ecombase. 24 June 2011.
- "Goonj'11 Official site". Goonj Organizing Committee. 24 June 2011.
- "Goonj'11". know a fest(recognised fest site). 24 June 2011.
- "Chandigarh Stories-Goonj". The Tribune. India.
- "Job Fair". Indian Express Newspaper. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "UIET Students in News". Indian Express Newspaper. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "Efficycle-SAE Event". MSN India. 24 June 2011.
- "UIET Students create Website for Blood Donation". Times of India(Newspaper). 26 June 2011.
- "National Conference on Computing, Communication and Control (3C-2009)". Bharat Sandesh.
- "Advances in Mechanical Engineering". Tribune Newspaper.
- "EFFI CYCLE". Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "IEEE-UIET". IEEE-UIET. 24 June 2011.
- "IEEE-UIET Conference ICAER'10". IEEE-Delhi Section. 24 June 2011.
- "ICAER 2010". IEEE-Delhi Region. 24 June 2011.
- "SAE-India Official site for Efficycle". SAE-India. 24 June 2011.
- "Alumni Office, UIET".