University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
University Medical Center
20246 Hamburg, Germany
|Care system||Statutory health insurance (GKV), Private|
|Hospital type||university hospital|
|Affiliated university||University of Hamburg|
|Standards||ISO 9001, ISO 14001|
|Founded||19 May 1889|
|Lists||Hospitals in Germany|
The University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (German: Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)) is the teaching hospital of the University of Hamburg and one of the largest hospitals in Hamburg, Germany.
The UKE has 1,460 beds and 121 day-care places and is listed to provide the capacity to dispatch emergency medical services.
The first parts of the hospital were built between 1884 and 1889. From 1913 until 1926, Fritz Schumacher built a general purpose building, today called Fritz-Schumacher-Haus, among others for the pathological anatomy with a dissecting room. In 2008 the hospital participated in the Tag des offenen Denkmals (Day of the open heritage site)—a Germany-wide annual event sponsored by the Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz, that opens cultural heritage sites to the public—showing the Fritz-Schumacher-Haus and the operating theatre in a bunker from Second World War.
In 2011, the hospital achieved Stage 7 of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Analytics Europe′s Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model. This was awarded for achieving a paperless medical record environment coupled with significant computerised analysis of clinical data.
The hospital is located in Eppendorf, Hamburg, between Martinistraße and Geschwister-Scholl-Straße, and between the ground of SC Victoria in Hoheluft and the Krankenhaus Bethanien, a hospital which was built in 1893.
The board consists of Burkhard Göke, Medical Director and acting CEO, Rainer Schoppik, Financial Director, Joachim Prölß, Director of patients and care management and the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine Uwe Koch-Gromus.
- Heinrich Pette Institute
- Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg
- Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Education in Hamburg
- "Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf". 12 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Tag des offenen Denkmals 2008" (PDF) (in German). Behörde für Kultur, Sport und Medien (Ministry of Culture, Sports and Media). June 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Europe′s most advanced paperless hospital wins HIMSS Analytics′ top award". November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Geschichte des Krankenhauses Bethanien". Geschichte. Diakonie-Klinikum Hamburg. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
- Hospitals in Hamburg 2012, Government Agency for Health and Consumer Protection of Hamburg website (German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf.|