University Town Plaza
|No. of stores and services||2|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||TBD|
|No. of floors||1|
University Town Plaza is an outdoor shopping mall in Pensacola, Florida. It is being developed on the site of the former University Mall, which operated from 1974 to 2013.
University Mall opened in 1974 with J. C. Penney, Sears, and McRae's, in its first location outside Mississippi. The mall was largely damaged by Hurricane Ivan in 2004, but all three anchor stores soon reopened. Plans were first announced in 2007 to redevelop the mall, which had been losing stores, but retain all three anchors.
Belk, which bought the McRae's chain, closed its store at the mall in 2011 and consolidated into a newly relocated store at Cordova Mall. In 2013, Simon began demolition of the mall property, and announced the newly redeveloped mall would include Academy Sports + Outdoors, Burlington Coat Factory, and Toys "R" Us. The first phase of renovation would also include a new series of inline shops including Famous Footwear, Motherhood Maternity, and a Jimmy John's restaurant. J. C. Penney and Sears have remained operational at the mall.
- CSA Super Markets. 49. Lebhar-Friedman. 1973. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Business briefs". pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "The next pitch: University Mall officials now look to snag right retail mix". pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Changes Coming To Cordova Mall : NorthEscambia.com". northescambia.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Pensacola Bay Area Business | Pensacola News Journal | pnj.com". pnj.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- University Mall at Sky City