University of Information Science and Technology "St. Paul The Apostle"
|Универзитет за информатички науки и технологии "Св. Апостол Павле"|
|Rector||Ninoslav Marina, PhD|
|Location||Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia|
The University of Information Science and Technology (UIST) "St. Paul The Apostle", (Macedonian: Универзитет за информатички науки и технологии "Св. Апостол Павле", Univerzitet za informatički nauki i tehnologii "Sv. Apostol Pavle"), is a state university, located in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia.
UIST was founded by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia by the Act on Establishment of the University for Information Technology in 2008. In 2010, the students of UIST made the first supercomputer (cluster computer) in Republic of Macedonia.
The international outreach of the university results in UIST having a multinational student population from more than 40 countries worldwide, along with local students. More than 450 local and foreign students study at the UIST. UIST has accreditations for 15 Undergraduate and Master programs in English as the medium of instruction. According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities for 2013/2014, UIST was ranked among the top 4 university in Macedonia out of 20 other universities.
UIST has five faculties:
- Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS)
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA)
- Faculty of Applied Information Technology, Machine Intelligence and Robotics
- Faculty of Information and Communication Science
UIST have international collaboration and bilateral Memorandum of cooperation with several Universities worldwide:
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, USA
- Istanbul Universitsi, Istanbul, Turkey,
- Cumhuriyet Universiti, Sivas, Turkey
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Universitatea de Vest din Timişoara, Timişoara, Romania,
- Elizade University, Ondo, Nigeria
- Kütahya Dumlupınar University, Kütahya, Turkey.
- "Act on Establishment'" (PDF). http://www.slvesnik.com.mk/. Retrieved 2015-02-24. External link in
- "Supercomputer at UIST". http://it.com.mk/. Retrieved 2015-02-24. External link in
- "University ranking in Republic of Macedonia'". http://www.mon.gov.mk/. Retrieved 2015-02-24. External link in