University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
|Established||1986 Oct 1|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. D. P. Biradar|
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, (UASD) is a State Public university established by the Government of Karnataka which imparts Education, Research and Extension activities in the field of agriculture, forestry and home science. The university was started on 1 October 1986. It is located on Dharwad-Belgaum road on a campus with space for growing trees and fields for conducting experiments and research. The university has several constituent colleges at different places of Karnataka state like in Bijapur, Sirsi, Hanumanmatti.
B.Sc.(graduate) courses offered
M.Sc. & Ph.D. (Post graduate) courses
- Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- Agril. Economics
- Agril. Engineering
- Agril. Statistics
- Crop Physiology & Botany
- Agril. Marketing Co-op. & Agribusiness Management
- Seed Science and Technology
- Agril. Extension Education
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Agril. Microbiology
- Agril. Entomology
- Environmental Science
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Human Development
- Textiles and Apparel Designing
- Extension Communication Management
- Forest Biology
- Forest Protection
- Forest Utilization
- Forest Engineering
- Forest Management
Note: List is indicative not exhaustive.
Graduates from this university are appointed as agriculture scientists, agriculture officers in state and central governments, banks and other financial institutions such as insurance companies. With the setting up of commodity exchanges in India, degree holders in agriculture are in greater demand.
- Official Internet site - University of Agricultural Sciences Dharwad
-  Newspaper article on UAS, Dharwad.
|This article about a university or college in Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|