University of Asia Pacific
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||"Committed to excellence"|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Jamilur Reza Choudhury|
University of Asia Pacific (ইউনিভার্সিটি অব এশিয়া প্যাসিফিক) is a private University in Bangladesh.
University of Asia Pacific (UAP) was established in 1996 as a private university under the Private University Act 1992. Its curriculum has been approved by The University Grants Commission of the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. The university started its operation in the first semester of classes in 1996, and offered four-year bachelor's degree programs in Computer Science and Technology and Business Administration only. Now UAP offers undergraduate programs in English, Law, Architecture, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Pharmacy.
UAP has been sponsored by University of Asia Pacific Foundation, a non-profit, non-commercial organisation based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bachelor of Architecture.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CE).
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Bachelor of Arts in English.
- Bachelor of Laws (Regular & External).
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) & Computer Science & Engineering program has been accredited by the Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education in Bangladesh (BAETE). This enables the graduates to be members of the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB), a highly prestigious and the only government-approved professional body for engineers.
- Master of Science in Computer Science & Engineering (MCSE),
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MCE),
- Master of Business Administration (MBA & EMBA),
- MS in Pharmaceutical Technology (MS Pharm. Tech.),
- LL. M (Regular)
- LL. M (External).
Student Organizations of UAP
- IEEE UAP Student Branch
- Cultural Club
- Debating Club
- Sports Club
- English Literacy Club
- Pharmacia Club
- EEE Project Club
- Career Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Business & Education Club
- Computer and Programming Club (CPC)
- Hardware and Software Club
- Volunteer Service Club
- Cyber Security Club
- UAP Photography Society
- UAP Film Society
- MASTUL Youth - UAP Unit
Academic and research collaboration
UAP enjoys collaborative ties with a number of reputed foreign and national universities, institutions of higher education and research in foreign countries. UAP is currently running 3+1 degree programmes, i.e., students can complete their first three years at UAP and the final year at one of these universities. They can be awarded the degree from either of these institutions, which indicates the quality of teaching and research at this University.
- USA: University of Baltimore, Virginia Tech, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Purdue University, DeVry University, etc.
- Canada: University of Windsor
- Australia: Western Sydney University, University of Canberra
- Ireland: Griffith College, Dublin
- Japan: Port and Airport Research Institute (PARI), Japan Concrete Institute (JCI)
Under these collaborations, the first batch of BBA students has completed graduation at the University of Baltimore and batches of CE students have completed research programmes at PARI.
List of Vice-Chancellors
- Hedayet Ahmed (June 1996–)
- A. S. M Shahjahan
- M. R. Kabir (March 2003 – September 2004)
- Abdul Matin Patwari (September 7, 2004 – 2012)
- Jamilur Reza Choudhury (May 2, 2012 – present)
Institute of Energy, Environment and Development (IEED)
IEED is the multi-disciplinary research institute of the UAP. Professor Dr. Sekender Ali, Head, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering has been appointed as the Director of the IEED. By this time IEED has organised several seminars on Energy and Environment by nationally and internationally known speaker at the UAP. In this financial year taka 10 lacs has been sanctioned for research and development works for the institute.
- University of Asia Pacific
- ARCHSOCIETY (Born in the lab of "The Department of Architecture" at "The University of Asia Pacific"