University of Banja Luka
|Универзитет у Бањој Луци|
|Location||Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
The University of Banja Luka (Serbian: Универзитет у Бањој Луци, Bosnian: Univerzitet u Banjoj Luci) is a public university located in Banja Luka, Bosnia-Herzegovina. The University of Banja Luka was established on 7 November 1975 and at that point had 5 faculties. It is the oldest and largest university in Republika Srpska and second largest university in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Since 13. April 2011 University is full member of European University Association. It is also member of European Forest Institute and participate in TEMPUS, CEEPUS and 7th Framework Programme programme.
Through student exchange programs cooperation university hosted students from Sapienza University of Rome, Plovdiv University, University of Strasbourg, University of Graz, University of the District of Columbia, Univerzitet u Prištini and University of Freiburg.
The university is divided into 16 faculties:
- Academy of Arts
- Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Economics (official website)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (official website)
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Mine Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Natural sciences and Mathematics (including Chemical engineering, Process engineering and Biotechnology) (official website)
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Philology (official website)
- Faculty of Political Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sports
With following institutions and/or their departments University of Banja Luka has established various official forms of cooperation.
- University of Banja Luka – About the University
- EACEA: Public Higher Education Entitites in BiH
- Map of the faculties of University of Banja Luka
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Banja Luka.|
- Official website of University of Banja Luka (Serbian) (English)