University of Buea
University of Buea
|Motto||Knowledge with Wisdom|
|Chancellor||Minister of Higher Education, Cameroon|
|Nickname||The place to be|
Faculties and schools
UB has seven faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
The main campus has a campus-wide optical-fiber network linking most of the buildings. Internet connectivity is provided via a VSAT link.
The IT Centre runs an Internet café for Internet access by staff and students at a modest cost.
The university is making use of recent technology developments. This is done by partnering with top tech companies in Buea, Cameroon. University of Buea is one of the universities in Cameroon that has a 100 percent online registration process. Students apply and complete their admission online.
Students are equally able to register courses online and check results online. The use of mobile money to pay fees is another innovation used by the University of Buea.
The Buea University library operates in two buildings:
- The Main library houses the open stacks book collection, quick reference and general reference books. The library is between the science laboratories, the Faculty of Arts Building and the Annex Library.
- The Annex library is behind the Faculty of Arts Building. It contains special collections — reserve books/lecturer notes, archives, journals and the Cameroon collection. The library also houses cassettes, video tapes, microfilm and CD-ROM resources.
Faculty, staff, and students use the library collection. Alumni, users from institutions affiliated with UB and members of the public can, with authorization, use the library.
Outreach and cooperation
The University of Buea has linkages with foreign universities and cooperation with international organisations. The linkages usually aim at the exchange of staff and students whilst international organisations usually assist the university with capacity building of staff and funding for research.
- http://www.ransbiz.com/2016/08/cameroon-universities-making-use-of.html 'Cameroon universities Making use of technology with Online Registration'