University of California, Irvine School of Education
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||School of education|
|University of California, Irvine|
|Address||3200 Education, Irvine, CA 92697-5500|
The University of California, Irvine School of Education was established by the Regents of the University of California in 2012. The School began as the Office of Teacher Education in 1967 and became the Department of Education in 1991. In February 2016, UCI announced that Richard Arum would be dean of the School of Education as of June 30, 2016. Prior to Arum's appointment, Mark Warschauer was interim dean.
The School's interdisciplinary faculty includes psychologists, sociologists, economists, and linguists. Four professors are members of the National Academy of Education. One professor is a member of the National Academy of Science, and one professor is a fellow of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. In total, the School has 28 senate faculty, 48 clinical faculty and lecturers, 28 professional and support staff, and 17 other affiliated faculty.
The School offers graduate, credential, and undergraduate programs. The school offers a Ph.D. in Education for students looking for careers in educational research. The school also offers a Master of Arts in Teaching with teaching credentials. The school has an undergraduate program in Education Sciences.
In 2015, the School of Education was ranked 31st by the U.S. News & World Report ranking of graduate schools of education. The National Council on Teacher Quality/U.S. News & World Report ranked the School of Education's Cal Teach Math & Science Teacher Education Program as number one in California, number one in the Western Region, and number eight in the nation for quality of teacher preparation. Relative to other Schools of Education, the School ranks in the top 1% in the number of faculty members with grants, the top 1% in number of faculty articles published in peer reviewed journals and the top 1% in number of faculty articles cited.
- "Editorial Style Guide - Strategic Communications - UCI". communications.uci.edu.
- "UC Irvine's Education Department Becomes a School". Orange County Register. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "UCI School of Education Approved by UC Board of Regents". UC Irvine Today. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Regents Approve UCI School of Education". New University. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "UC Irvine to establish a new school of education". OC Metro. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "UC Irvine School of Education Fact Sheet". Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Appointments, Resignations, Deaths (3/4/2016)". 28 February 2016 – via The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- "UCI News - Sociologist Richard Arum named dean of UCI's School of Education".
- "Department of Education, UC Irvine 2012-2013 Catalogue". UC Irvine. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Members of the National Academy of Education: Greg Duncan, Jacquelynne Eccles, Ruben Rumbaut, and Deborah Vandell (website=National Academy of Education". Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Members of the National Academy of Science: Greg Duncan". National Academy of Science. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Fellows of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences: Greg Duncan". The American Academy of Political and Social Science. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "Introduction to the school". UC Irvine School of Education. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "UC Irvine School of Education". UC Irvine School of Education. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Masters of Arts in Teaching + Teacher Credential". UC Irvine School of Education. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Education Sciences B.A." UC Irvine School of Education. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "University of California--Irvine". Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "NCTQ Teacher Prep". National Council on Teacher Quality. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "UC Irvine School of Education Data". Academic Analytics. Retrieved August 12, 2014.