University of Caloocan City
|University of Caloocan City
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Kalookan
|UCC South Campus, Biglang Awa St. cor. Cattleya St., Grace Park East, 12th Avenue,
Caloocan City, Metro Manila, 1407
|School type||Public university|
|Established||01 July 1971|
|Founded||1971 (as Caloocan City Community College)
1975 (as Caloocan City Polytechnic College)
2004 (as University of Caloocan City)
|President||Atty. Rene Richard Salazar|
|Key people||Hon. Oscar G. Malapitan (Caloocan City Mayor & Chairman, Board of Regents)|
The University of Caloocan City (abbreviated as UCC) is a public-type local university established in 1971 and formerly called Caloocan City Community College and Caloocan City Polytechnic College. Its south campus is located at Biglang Awa St., Grace Park East, 12th Avenue, Caloocan City, Metro Manila, Philippines (also known as EDSA/Biglang Awa Campus) and the north campuses are Camarin Business Campus, Congressional Campus, and TechVoc Campus (near Libis, Camarin).
The University of Caloocan City was formed in 2004 out of Caloocan City Polytechnic College (CCPC), which started as a two-year course college in 1971 and offered four-year courses in 1975. Its first programs were Bachelor of Science degrees in Industrial Education (BSIE) and B.S. Business Technology (BSBT).
The school was first located in a building at Caloocan High School (located at 10th Avenue, Grace Park). It transferred to its present location (at General San. Miguel St. Sangandaan, Caloocan City) when the first building burned.
On January 23, 2004, Caloocan City Council unanimously approved the Ordinance 1020-2003 principally authored by then councilor Gonzalez Jr., which authorized the city government to convert the existing Caloocan City Polytechnic College into a full-fledged university. The initially city hall-funded tertiary educational institution will henceforth be called as University of Caloocan City, the lone public university in Caloocan.
On April 20, 2006, the 32nd Commencement Exercise took place at Folk Arts Theater, Manila. The BSIE graduates were the first to be called on stage, which is a tradition at the Commencement Exercises.
On the school year 2015, in an ordinance made by Councilor Dale Gonzalo "Along" Malapitan, all freshmen and transferees who graduated from elementary and high school in Caloocan City (or whose parents or who themselves are registered voters of Caloocan) that will enter UCC will have free tuition fee.
For the school year 2016-2017, the university offers Senior High School program for Junior High School completers. Only ABM (Accountancy, Business, and Management), & HUMSS (Humanities and Social Sciences) strands are currently available in the university for the Senior High School program.
The university offers Four-Year Courses, Two-Year Courses, and Graduate Courses. The university will also open new courses soon.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (BSMath)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BSPsych)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology (BSCrim)
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology (BSAT)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Secretarial (BSComSec)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSComSci or BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Information System (BSIS)
- Bachelor of Science in Office Administration (BSOAd)
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism (BST)
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)
- Bachelor of Science in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing (BSEMC)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (ABPolSci)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (ABComm)
- Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Science, Major in:
- Organizational and Social Systems Development (ABBS-OSSD)
- Bachelor in Public Administration (BPA)
- BPA-Special Program for Elected Officials & Government Employees
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in:
- Human Resource Development Management (BSBA-HRDM)
- Financial Management (BSBA-FMGT)
- Marketing Management (BSBA-MKMGT)
- Bachelor in Elementary Education, Major in Early Childhood (BEEd)
- Bachelor in Secondary Education, Major in:
- Science (BSEd-Science)
- English (BSEd-nglish)
- Technology and Livelihood Education (BSEd-TLE)
- Associate in Office Administration/ Computer Secretarial
- Associate in Accounting Technology
- Certificate in Community Mental Health
- Associate in Hotel & Restaurant Services
- Associate in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing
- Associate in Security Services
- Associate in Entrepreneurial Management
- Doctor of Philosophy Major in Educational Management (PhD-EM)
- Doctor in Public Administration (DPA)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Education Major in Educational Management (MAED-EM)
- Master of Arts in Teaching Science (MATS)
- Master of Arts in Teaching in the Early Grades (MATG)
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice, Major in Criminology (MSCJ)
- Certificate in Professional Education
- Certificate in Physical Education
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Senior High School
Also, the university offers Senior High School program for Junior High School completers.
- ABM (Accountancy, Business, & Management)
- HUMSS (Humanities & Social Sciences)