University of Central Asia
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Too many external links convert to wikilinks or refs (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||His Highness the Aga Khan|
The University of Central Asia was established in 2000. UCA's first undergraduate campus opened in 2016 in Naryn, Kyrgyzstan. The school is an internationally chartered not-for-profit secular institution. It was formed as a partnership between the governments of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan under the sponsorship of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It has or plans residential campuses in all three sponsoring countries.
|Naryn Campus||Computer Science (BSc)||Communications and Media (BA)|
|Khorog Campus||Earth & Environmental Sciences (BSc)||Economics (BA)|
|Tekeli Campus||Engineering Sciences (BSc)||Business & Management (BA)|
The campuses in Naryn, Khorog, and Tekeli, Kazakhstan will be of equal size and stature with modern classrooms, libraries, laboratories, secure, modular dormitories and athletic facilities open to the public, including football pitches and tennis courts.
Undergraduate School of Arts and Sciences
UCA has a five-year undergraduate programme, including a one-year preparatory programme including cross-disciplinary, liberal arts and prerequisite courses, followed by a choice of six specialisations or majors; and the choice of three minors. The programme also includes a mandatory co-operative Education programme, where students receive paid internships. Students attend the campus based on what major they choose and will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science degree. Minors include Development Studies (Naryn) Central Asian Studies, (Khorog) and Globalisation Studies (Tekeli).
UCA has signed academic partnerships/memorandum of understandings with Seneca College, Canada (Preparatory Programme), University of Technology Sydney, Australia (Communications and Media, BA), University of Toronto, Canada (Computer Science, BSc), University of British Columbia, Canada (Earth and Environmental Sciences, BSc), Stockholm School of Economics/Riga, Latvia (Economics, BA), National Research University – Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia (Economics, BA), and the University of Victoria, Canada (Cooperative Education Programme)
The University includes several research institutes:
- Institute of Public Policy and Administration
- Mountain Societies Research Institute
- Cultural Heritage and Humanities Unit
- "Education at University of Central Asia: Rigorous and Relevant". Donors.kg. Development Partners' Coordination Council. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "UCA Board Executive Committee Visit Khorog Programs and Governor of GBAO". News.tj. Asia Plus. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "University of Central Asia opens its first campus as part of broad commitment to fostering social and economic development". Aga Khan Development Network. AKDN. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Undergraduate Programme". University of Central Asia. UCA. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Co-operative Education Programme". University of Central Asia. UCA. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Undergraduate Minors". University of Central Asia. UCA. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Canada's Seneca College and the University of Central Asia sign milestone partnership agreement". senecacollege.ca. Seneca College. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "University of Technology Sydney and University of Central Asia collaborate on communications and media". akdn.org. Aga Khan Development Network. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "СИДНЕЙСКИЙ ТЕХНОЛОГИЧЕСКИЙ УНИВЕРСИТЕТ И УНИВЕРСИТЕТ ЦЕНТРАЛЬНОЙ АЗИИ НАЛАДИЛИ СОТРУДНИЧЕСТВО В СФЕРЕ «КОММУНИКАЦИЙ И СМИ»". Donors.kg. Координационный совет партнеров по развитию в КР.
- "University of Technology Sydney and University of Central Asia collaborate on Communications and Media". TimesCA. Times of Central Asia. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO AND THE UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ASIA SIGN AN ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT ON EDUCATION AND RESEARCH COLLABORATION". Donors.kg. Development Partners' Coordination Council. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "Университет Британской Колумбии и Университет Центральной Азии сотрудничают в области наук о Земле и окружающей среде". Ekois.net. Ekois. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "University of British Columbia and University of Central Asia Collaborate on Earth and Environmental Sciences". Paderborn. PaderbornerSJ. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "UCA, UBC collaborate on earth and environmental sciences". News.tj. Asia Plus. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Economics, BA". University of Central Asia. UCA. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Российская Высшая школа экономики окажет содействие в подготовке кадров для Центральной Азии". evrazia-rual.ru. Commonwealth of Eurasia People. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "University of Central Asia and Higher School of Economics Sign Partnership Agreement in Moscow". hse.ru. Higher School of Economics. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "UVic global partnerships". Uvic. University of Victoria. Retrieved 24 January 2018.