University of Dayton School of Law
|University of Dayton School of Law|
|Dean||Andrew L. Strauss|
|Location||Dayton, Ohio, United States|
|Website||Dayton Law home|
The University of Dayton School of Law (UDSL) is a private law school located in Dayton, Ohio. It is affiliated with the University of Dayton, which is a Catholic university of the Marianist Order. The school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. 
According to Dayton Law's official 2013 ABA-required disclosures, 57.5% of the Class of 2013 obtained full-time, long-term, bar passage-required employment nine months after graduation, excluding solo-practitioners.
The school's curriculum is innovative in that it offers its students the option of pursuing a J.D. at an accelerated pace. Students may earn a law degree in two years by beginning their schooling in the summer and by taking 18 credit hours per semester.
According to Dayton Law's official 2013 ABA-required disclosures, 57.5% of the Class of 2013 obtained full-time, long-term, bar passage-required employment nine months after graduation, excluding solo-practitioners. Dayton Law ranked 58th out of 201 ABA-approved law schools in terms of the percentage of 2013 graduates with non-school-funded, full-time, long-term, bar passage required jobs nine months after graduation.
Dayton Law's Law School Transparency under-employment score is 20.5%, indicating the percentage of the Class of 2013 unemployed, pursuing an additional degree, or working in a non-professional, short-term, or part-time job nine months after graduation. 84.2% of the Class of 2013 was employed in some capacity while 2.1% were pursuing graduate degrees and 12.3% were unemployed nine months graduation.
The total cost of attendance (indicating the cost of tuition, fees, and living expenses) at Dayton Law for the 2014-2015 academic year is $52,773. Dayton Law's tuition and fees on average increased by 1.92% annually over the past five years.
The Law School Transparency estimated debt-financed cost of attendance for three years is $196,261. The average indebtedness of the 90% of 2013 Dayton Law graduates who took out loans was $113,366.
- "Section of Legal Education - Employment Summary Report". American Bar Association. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Leichter, Matt. "Class of 2013 Employment Report". The Law School Tuition Bubble. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "University of Dayton Profile". Law School Transparency. Retrieved XX July 2014. Check date values in:
- "Tuition and Living Expenses". University of Dayton. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "University of Dayton Profile, Costs". Law School Transparency. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Which law school graduates have the most debt?". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 24 July 2014.