University of Dental Medicine, Mandalay
|Motto||အာရောဂျံ ပရမံ လာဘံ|
(Pali: ārogyaṃ paramaṃ lābhaṃ)
|Rector||Sun Sun Win|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Health|
The University of Dental Medicine, Mandalay (Burmese: သွားဘက်ဆိုင်ရာဆေးတက္ကသိုလ်(မန္တလေး) [θwábɛʔ sʰàɪɴjà sʰé tɛʔkəθò (máɴdəlé)]), is a university of dental medicine, located in Mandalay, Myanmar. The university offers a six-year bachelor's degree program in dental surgery. Graduate and doctoral studies are available only at the University of Dental Medicine, Yangon. The annual intake into both dental universities is 300.
The university offers BDS degree for undergraduate students . Master's degree for eight specialities in dentistry such as MDSc (oral and maxillofacial surgery), MDSc (oral medicine and oral pathology), MDSc(prosthodontics), MDSc (conservative dentistry), MDSc (orthodontics), MDSc(Paediatric dentistry), MDSc(periodontics), MDSc (preventive and community dentistry), Dr.Dent.Sc (Doctor of Dental Science) and graduate diplomas in dental science (DipDSc).
The B.D.S. coursework extends over six years.
|First B.D.S.||1 year|
|Second B.D.S.||1 year|
|Third B.D.S.||1 year|
|Fourth B.D.S.||1 year|
|Final B.D.S.||1 year|
|House Surgeon||1 year|
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Biology, (Botany and Zoology)
- Basic Computer Science
- Behavioral Sciences
- Introduction of Human Anatomy
- Introduction Physiology
- Introduction of Biochemistry
- Introduction of Oral Biological Science
- Preventive and Social Medicine, Preventive and Community Dentistry, Periodontology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Oral Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Conservative Dentistry
- Preventive and Community Dentistry, Periodontology
House Surgeon Training
All students, after a successful completion of Final B.D.S. Examination, continue on to hands-on training for a period of 1 year as house surgeons in the recognized teaching hospitals. Only after the completion of house-surgeonship, is the student awarded the B.D.S. degree.
Overseas Partner Institutions
- Kyushu Dental University, Japan
- Hiroshima University, Japan
- Kagoshima University, Japan
- Chosun University, Korea
- Dr. Ba Myint (2 August 2004). "A milestone in Myanmar's dental medical field". The New Light of Myanmar.
- "Profile of University of Dental Medicine, Mandalay". World Health Organization. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "Enrollment at Institutes of Higher Education". Myanmar Central Statistical Organization. Retrieved 2009-04-09.
- "Health Statistics" (PDF). Ministry of Health, Myanmar. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 November 2008. Retrieved 28 November 2008.
- "Health Infrastructure" (PDF). Ministry of Health, Myanmar. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- NayAung007 (22 March 2013). "Overseas Partner Institutions". Kyushu Dental University.
- NayAung007 (13 February 2014). "Partner Institutions". Hiroshima University.
- NayAung007 (13 February 2016). "Partner Institutions". Kagoshima University.
- NayAung007 (12 February 2016). "International relations". UDMM University.