University of Faisalabad
|Motto||رَبِّ زدْنيِ عِلْماً (Arabic)|
Motto in English
|O my Lord! Advance me in Knowledge|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Abdul Karim Baloch|
|Location||Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Campus||Main Campus: Saleem Campus
City Campus: Amin Campus
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission Pakistan Engineering Council|
The university is recognized by the HEC as a degree awarding university.The university is one of the most emerging university in Pakistan.University of Faisalabad is ranked 3rd in private sector universities of Pakistan after LUMS and Iqra University by HEC.The University has Foreign Faculty From World top Universities from UK and United States like Imperial College London, University of Texas at Austin, Wayne State University, Massey University, University of Bradford, University of Glamorgan.University of Faisalabad Offers Programs in Engineering, Management, Health Sciences, Computer Science, Arts, Humanities.Its School of Electrical Engineering is one of the leading school in Pakistan.The university also offers Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Textile Engineering.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Faculty
- 3 Campuses
- 4 Academic departments and programmes
- 5 General information
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The University of Faisalabad was established in 2002 under the auspices of Madina Foundation.
- Rector: Prof Dr Abdul Majeed
- Registrar: Izhar ul Ahsan
- Controller of Examinations: Hamid Nawaz Sheikh
- Manager Finance: Maria Zahid
- Dean Faculty of Engineering and Technology: Prof Dr Allah Ditta Chaudhry
- Dean Faculty of Management Studies: Prof Dr M Aslam Chaudhry
- Dean Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: Prof Dr Zuhoor Ahmad Azhar
- Dean Faculty of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences: Prof Dr Muhammad Saeed
- Dean Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences : Prof Dr Faqir Hussain
- Director of Quality Enhancement Cell: Prof Dr Khalil Ahmed
- Director of Research and Publications: Prof Dr Syed Akhtar Hussain Bokhari
- Director of ORIC: Prof Dr Abdul Haq
The university has two campuses, one for female students and one for male.
Saleem Campus of The University of Faisalabad is located on Sargodha Road, Faisalabad, near the motorway interchange. It is established for female students.
HEC digital library resources: The university library has access to the digital library of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC), which has a database pertaining to international scientific and technical literature.
Computer center: The university has around 1000 PCs and several servers, and is constantly growing.
Amin Campus for Boys
The Amin Campus, for male students, is located on the West Canal Road. This campus houses the departments of Electrical, Chemical and Textile Engineering, Management Studies, Arabic & Islamic Studies, and Pharmacy.
Library: This independent library has a large collection of books, research journals, and periodicals to meet the research requirements of students and faculty members. Digital library resources provided by HEC with access to more than 60,000 e-books and connected to e-libraries the world over, are also available here.
Computer Centers: Two labs are equipped with the latest Pentium V computers with wireless internet connectivity and bandwidth of 2MBs CIR. A student management system is deployed so that students can use computers via their own secure logins. Printers and scanners are available for students.
Admissions Office: This office plays a key role in giving information to prospective candidates for admission, regarding programs being offered, eligibility requirements, duration of courses, residential facilities and fee structure in the university. Guidance is also provided to the applicants for conduct of the entry test. It helps the selected students in completing enrollment formalities. The Admissions Office functions in close coordination with the Assistant Registrars and Accounts Offices.
Students' affairs: The university has a students' affairs section comprising the Admissions Office, Placement Cell, Information Technology Service Center, Human Resources, and Accounts Office. These are coordinated to facilitate the students.
Hostel: A boys' hostel on the Amin Campus has furnished rooms with attached baths to accommodate about 200 students.
Cafeteria: A small cafeteria adjoining the boys' campus caters for their food requirements. Arrangements are in hand to improve and expand its facilities to accommodate larger numbers of students in the future.
Transport: The centralized pool of transport managed from the Saleem Campus also meets the needs of the campus staff and students as required.
Conference room: A centrally located conference room with a seating capacity of 30 is available for hosting meetings, briefings conferences or presentations.
Auditorium: A newly refurbished auditorium with a seating capacity of 260 is available to host multipurpose activities. It is fitted with overhead projectors and a multimedia and sound systems.
Sports: The Ccmpus has both indoor and outdoor game facilities. The facilities are acquired on a need basis for training of teams and participation in various sports competitions.
Bank at Amin Campus
The branch of the bank within the campus provides one window for financial transactions for university staff, students and employees.
Academic departments and programmes
Faculty of Health Sciences
- School of Pharmacy - Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D)
- School of Physical Therapy- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- School of Optometry - Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- School of Food Science and Technology - Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- School of Nursing - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- School of Nutrition & Dietetics - Doctor of Nutrition & Dietetics
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
The School of Electrical Engineering offers BS Electrical Engineering, a four-year degree program with a specialization in Electronics, Power & Computer Systems. It also offers MS Electrical Engineering, a two-year degree program with a specialization in Electronics & Telecommunication.
The School of Electrical Engineering has the following lab facilities:
- Microprocessor Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Power Lab
- Telecom Lab 1
- Telecom Lab 2
- Control Systems Lab
- Machine Lab
- VLSI Lab
- Student Project Lab
- Electrical Workshop
The School of Textile Engineering offers Bachelor of Engineering in Textile (BE Textile).
Textile Engineering Labs:
- Processing Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Spinning Lab
- Garments Lab
- Weaving Lab
- Testing Lab
- Pattern Making Lab
- Computer Lab
Faculty of Management Studies
School of Management Studies:
- Master of Science in Management (MS Management)
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing (MBA–Marketing)
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA–Finance)
- Master of Business Administration in Human Resource Management (MBA-HR)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
School of Arabic and Islamic Studies:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Arabic (PhD Arabic)
- Master of Philosophy in Arabic (MPhil Arabic)
- Master of Arts in Arabic (MA Arabic)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Islamic Studies (PhD Islamic Studies)
- Master of Philosophy in Islamic Studies (MPhil Islamic Studies)
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies (MA Islamic Studies)
University Medical and Dental College
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Madina Foundation, following the vision of its founder, the late Chairman Mian Muhammad Saleem, established the Medical College in 2003 to fill a vacuum in medical education in Faisalabad. This college is for female students only.
Guidance and Placement Cell: The staff of the placement cell maintains a complete record of the students in different disciplines, in the form of a graduates' directory, which is sent to prospective employers. Positions and vacancies available in different organizations are communicated to the students. In certain cases employers are invited to conduct interviews in the university to find graduates who suit their requirements. The cell serves as a resource and information center, and organizes advisory sessions to promote the skills needed for appearing in interviews.
Information Technology Service Center: ITSC has complete information regarding the students, from admission to the completion of their final degrees. ITSC has developed various modules for generating reports and information for the examination branch, accounts section, admission office, human resources, library, and university inventory.
- Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- Pakistan Engineering Council
- Pakistan Medical & Dental Council