University of Gabès
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chancellor||Pr Mohamed Mars|
The university has two main campuses in Gabès and another major one in the city of Medenine, south of Gabès.
Omar Khattab campus
The largest campus of the university is in a somewhat isolated southern part of the city near Erriadh suburb. Close to this campus is the largest sport complex in Gabès where some facilities are shared with the university. The campus is very close to the main road leading to the airport and tourist city of Matamata which is a favorite destination for students' weekend trips.
City Center campus
This campus is in downtown Gabès and hosts the University Cultural Center.
Although the University of Gabès was formed relatively recently, it offers numerous faculties and institutes:
- Faculty of Science: One of the largest in Tunisia and the largest in size after ENIG
Schools and institutes
- National Engineering School of Gabès (ENIG)
- Higher Institute of Computer Sciences and Multimedia
- Higher Institute of Applied Biology
- Higher Institute of Juridical Studies
- Higher Institute of Arts and Crafts
- Higher Institute of Management
- Higher Institute of Languages
- Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology
- Higher Institute of Water Sciences and Technologies
- Higher Institute of Industrial Systems
- Higher Institute of Applied Studies in Humanities.
- Arid Zones Institute
The university offers the following degrees:
- Engineering (5 years)
- Maîtrise (4 years)
- Universitaire (3 years)
- Technicien Supérieur (2 to 3 years)
The university offers some postgraduate degrees:
- Master (6 years)