University of Gour Banga
|Established||March 10, 2008|
|Chancellor||Governor of West Bengal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Gopalchandra Misra|
|Location||Malda, West Bengal, India|
University of Gour Banga (Bengali: গৌড়বঙ্গ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a university established in 2008 in Malda, West Bengal, India. Almost all of the 28 colleges in Malda, Uttar Dinajpur and Dakshin Dinajpur districts, with the exception of Raiganj University College, are affiliated with this university.
Surabhi Bandyopadhyay, the former vice-chancellor of Netaji Subhas Open University, became the first vice chancellor of the university, while the former registrar of University of North Bengal, Tapash Kumar Chattopadhyay, became the first acting registrar, all in 2008. Gopa Dutta was the second vice chancellor.
The logo of the University of Gour Banga was prepared in the second week of June 2008 by Sameer Rakshit, the head of the Department of Architecture, Jadavpur University. Rakshit is also in charge of designing the main building of the University of Gour Banga, which started functioning from the ground-floor of the Post-Graduate Section of Malda College in 2008. From 2011 this university is functioning in its own place which is near Rabindra Bhaban, Malda 732103, West Bengal, India.
- Vice-Chancellor: Professor Gopalchandra Misra
- Inspector of Colleges:Dr. Apurba Chakraborty
University of Gour Banga,
Mokdumpur (near Rabindra Bhavan),
Malda - 732 103.
Library and centres
- Center for Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Center for Research and Innovation
- Center for Social Development
- Project Management Institute 
Residential student halls
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- The University University official website. Retrieved 29 July 2012
- University advertisement University Website. Retrieved 29 July 2012
- VC of Gour Banga University resigns, The Telegraph. Published Thursday, March 8, 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012
- The Vice-Chancellor University website. Retrieved 29 July 2012
- "Varsity logo ready". The Telegraph. 2008-06-20. Retrieved 2008-06-30.