University of Health and Allied Sciences
|Chairman||Professor Kofi Anyidoho|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor John Gyapong|
|Location||Ho, Volta Region, Ghana|
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) is one of the youngest public universities in Ghana. It is located at Ho in the Volta Region of Ghana. Its operation started in September 2012, when the first batch of 154 students were admitted.
The university was established by an Act of Parliament(Act 828), which received the presidential approval in December 2011. It is devoted to teaching, research and service in the Health Sciences.
The university was formed with an Interim University Council that governs the affairs of the school chaired by Prof. Kofi Anyidoho, MA(Bloomington), PhD(Austin).
The university has two campuses:
Schools and institutes
The university has eight schools and three institutes.
- School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Public Health
- School of Dentistry
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Institute of Traditional and Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Medical Education
- Institute of Health Research
- "Ho university admits first batch of students". myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "About UHAS". uhas.edu.gh. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "SCHOOLS AND INSTITUTES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES". uhas.edu.gh. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
|This article on a Ghanaian institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|