This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Staatliche Ingenieurschule Heilbronn|
|Established||April 17, 1961|
|660 (therefrom 230 academic staff)|
Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences, (German: Hochschule Heilbronn), is a German University of Applied Sciences with campuses in Heilbronn-Sontheim, in the centre of Heilbronn (Bildungscampus), in Künzelsau and Schwäbisch Hall. Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences ranks amongst the major institutions of Higher Education in the state of Baden-Württemberg where it caters for over 8,000 degree-seeking students on three campuses, namely Heilbronn, Künzelsau and Schwäbisch Hall.
- At April 17, 1961 the Staatliche Ingenieurschule Heilbronn (State Engineering School) was established in Heilbronn.
- Since 1965 it is located in Heilbronn-Sontheim.
- In 1969 the four existing technical study courses were complemented by the first economical course.
- In 1971 the school was renamed to Fachhochschule Heilbronn (University of Applied Sciences)
- In 1972 the study course medical computer science was founded in cooperation with the University of Heidelberg.
- In 1988 the outside campus Künzelsau opened.
- Since 2004 the diplom degrees were replaced by a bachelor/master-system.
- In 2005 the Fachhochschule was renamed to Hochschule Heilbronn (University).
- In 2009 the outside campus Schwäbisch Hall opened.
- In 2011 near the city centre of Heilbronn a new campus as part of the Bildungscampus Heilbronn was opened.
- In 2018 the Heilbronn University was renamed to Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences.
- Mechanics and Electronics with 5 bachelor and 6 master courses
- Industrial and Process Engineering with 3 bachelor and 2 master courses
- Informatics with 2 bachelor and 2 master courses
- Business and Transport Management with 4 Bachelor courses
- International Business with 5 bachelor and 3 master courses
- Economics and Engineering with 8 bachelor and 4 master courses
- Management and Sales with 4 bachelor and 1 master courses
Approximate number of students
The International Office assists students from partner institutions in finding suitable accommodation in the vicinity of the university. Whenever possible, students are allocated a room in one of the university’s student halls. All students have access to a constantly up-dated database listing furnished and reasonably priced apartments which they can rent. Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences welcomes students who have special needs. The International Office is pleased to assist them individually. Studying in a foreign country can be a challenging endeavour especially for those students who are not fluent in German. Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences therefore provides German classes at elementary, intermediate and advanced levels throughout the year at low or no cost.
In addition, the following support is offered:
- student mentors (on request)
- free membership in faculty-based student organisations
- detailed advice on handling residence permits and opening bank accounts
- guided tours to sites of particular interest
- on-campus German classes
- assistance in finding work placements and temporary jobs
- preferential access to cultural events (concerts, theatres, museums)
- access to the university’s library services and the Internet
- information on scholarships available to international students
Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences has been enjoying favorable reviews from the Centre of Development for University of Applied Sciences (German:„Centrum für Hochschulentwicklung“ (CHE)).
The results of the survey released in the magazine Zeit-Studienführer 2010/2011 stated that the course Drives Systems and Mechatronics in Künzelsau Campus scored excellently in eight out of ten examined criteria.
The course Process and Environmental Engineering on the other hand achieved excellent scores in nine out of fourteen examined criteria. Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences is one of the few Universities of Applied Sciences that offers both Process as well as Environmental Engineering under the same course title and belongs to the elite group in the field.
- Hochschule Heilbronn ‹See Tfd›(in German)
- HSHN CHE-Hochlranking ‹See Tfd›(in German)
- Petermann, Wolfgang (1974). "Fachhochschule Heilbronn". Stadt- und Landkreis Heilbronn (in German). Stuttgart and Aalen: Theiss. pp. 218–220. ISBN 3-8062-0121-8.
- "Hochschule Heilbronn" (in German).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hochschule Heilbronn.|