University of Information Technology and Sciences
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Future will be better than the past|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Mohammad Solaiman|
The University of Information Technology & Sciences (Bengali: ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ইনফরমেশন টেকনোলজি অ্যান্ড সায়েন্সেস) is a university in Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It's the first IT based private university in Bangladesh.
University of Information Technology and Sciences, the first IT-based private university in Bangladesh, was founded on 7 August 2003 as a non-profit organization. Information Science and Technology Solution Ltd (ISTS), a concern of PHP Family headed by Sufi Mohammed Mizanur Rahman Chowdury, is the sponsor of UITS.
The president of the republic is ex-official chancellor of the university. The vice chancellor is the chief executive. Each academic department has its own head. On top of the administration, there is the Board of Trustees (BoT), headed by a chairperson, which oversees policy matters. In the academic sphere, the highest authority is vested in the Academic Council represented by heads of schools and teaching departments, representatives of teachers and nominated members who are associated with education, science, culture, industries, media and scientific and cultural organizations in the country. The council is presided over by the vice chancellor. The registrar of the acts as the secretary who is also the custodian of the university seal.
- Vice Chancellor: Prof. Dr. Mohammad Solaiman
- Treasurer: Prof. Dr. S.R. Hilaly
- Registrar: Mr. Kamrul Hasan (Acting)
School of Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT).
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma).
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive MBA
- MBA for BBA Holders
School of Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Law (Honors)
- Bachelor of Law (2 years)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Law (1 year)
- Master of Law (2 years)
- Master of Social Sciences in Social Work (1 year)
The university was partially shifted in March 2019 to a fully equipped new campus situated in Nayanagar, Vatara, Dhaka. The campus started its journey through the freshers' ceremony of Winter'2018 Batch.
- University of Texas at Dallas, TX, USA
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIT) Allahabad, India
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
- Christian University (CU), Bangkok, Thailand
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam University (SU) Bangkok, Thailand
- Technical and further education (TAFE) South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE, Australia