University of Information Technology and Sciences
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Future will be better than thy past|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Location||Dhaka, 1212, Bangladesh
The University of Information Technology & Sciences (Bengali: ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ইনফরমেশন টেকনোলজি অ্যান্ড সায়েন্সস) is a university in Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Its vice chancellor is Muhammad Samad.
University of Information Technology and Sciences, the first IT-based private university in Bangladesh, was founded on 7 August 2003 as a non-profit organization. Information Science and Technology Solution Ltd (ISTS), a concern of PHP Family headed by Sufi Mohammed Mizanur Rahman Chowdury, is the sponsor of UITS. It endeavors to remain at the cutting edge of building knowledge and skills, integrated with human values and ethical practices in Bangladesh. It is a science and technological knowledge-based center that provides marketable skills for younger generations who may be gainfully employed nationally and internationally.
The president of the republic is ex-official chancellor of the university. The vice chancellor is the chief executive. Each academic department has its own head.On top of the administration, there is the Board of Governors (BoG), headed by a chairperson, which oversees policy matters. In the academic sphere, the highest authority is vested in the Academic Council represented by heads of schools and teaching departments, representatives of teachers and nominated members who are experienced and associated with education, science, culture, industries, media and scientific and cultural organizations in the country. The council is presided over by the vice chancellor. In his absence, the pro vice chancellor chairs the council. The registrar of the acts as the secretary who is also the custodian of the university seal.
- Vice Chancellor: Muhammad Samad
- Pro-Vice Chancellor: Choudury M Zakaria
- Treasurer: Professor K M Saiful Islam Khan (Acting)
- Registrar: Lt Col (Retd) AFM Khairul Basher
School of Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT).
- Electronic & Communication Engineering (ECE).
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering(EEE).
- Bachelor of Pharmacy.
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive MBA
- MBA for BBA Holders
School of Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Law (Honors)
- Bachelor of Law (2 years)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Law (1 year)
- Master of Law (2 years)
- Master of Social Sciences in Social Work (1 year)
- University of Texas at Dallas, TX, USA
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIT) Allahabad, India
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
- Christian University (CU), Bangkok, Thailand
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam University (SU) Bangkok, Thailand
- Technical and further education (TAFE) South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE, Australia