University of Kansas School of Law
|University of Kansas
School of Law
|Dean||Stephen W. Mazza|
|Location||Lawrence, Kansas, U.S.|
|USNWR ranking||65 (2017)|
|Bar pass rate||91.6% (1st-time, KS Bar July 2015), 94.7% (1st-time, MO Bar July 2015)|
|ABA profile||ABA Profile|
The University of Kansas School of Law is a public law school located on the main campus of the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. The University of Kansas Law School was founded in 1893, replacing the earlier Department of Law, which had existed since 1878. The school has more than 60 faculty members and approximately 360 students. The school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. 
With over 370,000 volumes, the Wheat Law Library at the University of Kansas School of Law is the second largest and oldest law library in the state of Kansas.
Centers and programs
- Center for International Trade and Agriculture
- Elder Law LL.M. Program
- International and Comparative Law Program
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon Center for Excellence in Advocacy
- Study Abroad Program
- Tribal Law and Government Center
Twelve clinical programs permit students, acting under faculty supervision, to develop legal skills and learn professional values in actual practice settings: Criminal Prosecution Clinic, Elder Law Externship, Externship Clinic, Immigration/Asylum Law Clinic, Judicial Clerkship Clinic, Legal Aid Clinic, Legislative Clinic, Media Law Clinic, Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic, Paul E. Wilson Project for Innocence and Post-Conviction Remedies, Public Policy Clinic and Tribal Judicial Support Clinic.
Publications at the University of Kansas School of Law
- The Kansas Law Review
- The Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy
- KU Law Magazine
- Dean's Note
The first-year curriculum includes Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Torts, and Property. In addition, students take Lawyering, a legal writing class designed to teach legal research and writing in a context that emphasizes professionalism and practical skills. All first-year students have one of their classes in a small section of approximately 20 students, providing an informal learning atmosphere.
According to The University of Kansas official 2015 ABA-required disclosures, 91.1% of the Class of 2015 obtained full-time employment nine months after graduation. 
The total cost of attendance (indicating the cost of tuition, fees, and living expenses) at the University of Kansas for the 2015-2016 academic year was $35,288 for residents of Kansas and $49,898 for residents of other states. More than 77 percent of students received grants for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Sheila Bair – Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Valerie L. Baldwin – Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller) (2004-06)
- Sam Brownback – 46th Governor of Kansas, former United States Senator for Kansas (1996-2011), former Member of Congress representing Kansas' Second Congressional District (1995-96), former Secretary of the Kansas Department of Agriculture (1986-1990)(1991-1993), and former White House Fellow under President George H.W. Bush (1990-91).
- Jerry Moran – United States Senator for Kansas and former Member of Congress representing Kansas' First Congressional District (1997-2011).
- Carol Beier – Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court
- Chris Biggs – former Kansas Secretary of State
- Robert Coldsnow, Kansas state legislator
- Howard Engleman – All-American basketball player at Kansas
- Lawrence E. Meyers - Judge of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals since 1993; based in Fort Worth
- Robert H. Miller – Chief Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court (1988-1990)
- Carlos Murguia – Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- Janet Murguia – President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Council of La Raza
- Mary H. Murguia – Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Lawton Nuss – Chief Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court
- Julie A. Robinson – Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- David R. Stras – Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court
- Major General Clyde J. Tate II – Deputy Judge Advocate General of the United States Army
- "University of Kansas". Best Graduate Schools. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- KU ABA Disclosures
- About KU Law
- KU Law at a glance
- Wheat Law Library
- clinical programs
- LSAC Law School Description
- Course descriptions
- "PlacementSummary2015" (PDF).
- "Tuition and Expenses".
- "KU Law Official Guide" (PDF).
- "Judge Lawrence "Larry" Meyers, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals: Place 2 (D)". The Texas Tribune. Retrieved December 16, 2014.