University of Kentucky College of Engineering
|Dean||Larry Holloway, Ph.D. (interim)|
The University of Kentucky College of Engineering is an ABET accredited, public engineering school located on the campus of the University of Kentucky. The college currently offers programs in Biomedical engineering, Biosystems engineering, Chemical engineering/Materials engineering, Civil engineering, Electrical engineering/Computer engineering, Computer science, Mechanical engineering and Mining engineering.
In 2013, U.S. News & World Report ranked the college #12 among graduate programs for Biological/Agricultural Engineering.
The college is located in Anderson Hall as well as several other buildings on campus.
UK College of Engineering maintains a satellite campus on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College in Paducah offering bachelor's degrees in Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Ralph G. Anderson, founder of Belcan Corporation
- Margaret Ingels, pioneer of air conditioning technology, advocate for women in engineering
- Sannie Overly, member of the Kentucky House of Representatives
- Paul Patton, 59th Governor of Kentucky
- Lee Todd, inventor, entrepreneur, and 11th president of the University of Kentucky
- William T. Young, businessman and philanthropist
Notable student projects
- "Undergraduate degree programs". University of Kentucky. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "History of the College". University of Kentucky. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Paducah Programs". UK College of Engineering. University of Kentucky. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- "Overly sworn in as representative". The Bath County News-Outlook. January 16, 2008. p. 3. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
|This article about a university or college in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|