University of Ladakh
|Type||Public central research university|
|Established||December 16, 2018|
|Chancellor||Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Surinder K. Mehta|
University of Ladakh (UOL) or Ladakh University, is a public university located in Ladakh, India. It was established on 16 December 2018 by The University of Ladakh Act, 2018 (Governor Act No. LVI of 2018) of Government of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a cluster university comprising degree colleges of Leh, Kargil, Nubra Valley, Zanskar, Dras and Khalatse.
University of Ladakh had entered into Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Delhi University to promote scientific and academic collaboration between two Universities. The understanding will help in organising academic workshops,conferences, seminars and cultural exchanges of mutual interest, organising sporting events in mutual places and also exchange of expertise in revising the existing curricular topics so that they can meet the current demands of employment and industry.
University of Ladakh has got Dr Surinder Kumar Mehta as its Vice-Chancellor for a period of three years.
- "Panjab University prof appointed V-C of University of Ladakh". Hindustan Times. 9 August 2021. Retrieved 10 August 2021.
- "Ladakh to get its first ever university! SAC approves 'Jammu and Kashmir University of Ladakh Bill-2018'". The Financial Express. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- Web Desk, India Today. "Ladakh is getting its first ever university, approval passed by J&K govt". India Today. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- "The University of Ladakh Act,2018" (PDF). Department of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs Govt of J&K.
- Excelsior, Daily (26 November 2019). "University of Ladakh convenes maiden Syndicate meeting". Daily Excelsior. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- "HISTORY PERSPECTIVE". uol.ac.in. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- "PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first-ever university in Ladakh". The Economic Times. 3 February 2019. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- "Delhi University Signs Agreement With University Of Ladakh". NDTV.com. 5 August 2021. Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- "Dr Mehta is new VC of Ladakh University". Jammu Kashmir Latest News | Tourism | Breaking News J&K. 8 August 2021. Retrieved 13 October 2021.