University of Lapland
|Rector||Professor Antti Syväjärvi|
The university is divided into four faculties:
- Faculty of Art and Design
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
In addition to faculties, there is the Arctic Centre that is devoted to the arctic studies and research. The European Union has planned a resolution on the Arctic Strategy for the EU. The resolution includes paragraphs that are after the establishment of the EU Arctic Information Centre as a networked undertaking with a permanent office in Rovaniemi at the University of Lapland, Finland.
Finally, a subunit exists called the Institute of Business and Tourism; formerly it was a faculty but it is subsumed within the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Liisa Rantalaiho (b. 1933), sociologist
- Pigga Keskitalo (b. 1972), Sámi politician and academic
- Katri Kulmuni (b. 1987), politician, former Centre Party leader and Minister of Finance
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)