University of Louisiana System
The University of Louisiana System (UL System) is the largest of the four public university systems in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its headquarters are in the Claiborne Building in Baton Rouge.
History and diversification
Since its formation in 1974, the University of Louisiana System, one of the nation's twenty largest public systems of higher education, has provided access to higher education through its nine universities located throughout the state.
The University of Louisiana System is a public, multi-campus university system dedicated to the service of Louisiana and its people. The system offers a broad spectrum of educational opportunities ranging from technical training at the associate level to research at the doctoral level.
The system's universities enroll more than 88,000 students and offer more than 600 academic degree programs.
The University of Louisiana System has nine member institutions:
- Grambling State University
- Louisiana Tech University
- McNeese State University
- Nicholls State University
- Northwestern State University
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
- University of New Orleans
The interim system president is Dan Reneau who was appointed after Sandra Woodley resigned in Nov. 2015. One of the system supervisors is former State Representative Jimmy D. Long of Natchitoches, considered an authority on educational funding and innovation. The large Finance & Facilities Planning Division was headed by Nick Bruno, Vice President for Business & Finance, for five years from 2005 to 2010, whereupon Bruno was selected to serve as president of the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- University of Louisiana (disambiguation)
- List of colleges and universities in Louisiana
- Harvey Peltier, Jr.
- Edwards Barham
- "Quick Facts." University of Louisiana System. Retrieved on October 24, 2011. "1201 North Third Street, Suite 7-300 Baton Rouge, LA 70802"
- "Claiborne Conference Center." State of Louisiana Division of Administration. Retrieved on October 24, 2011. "Claiborne Building 1201 North Third Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802"