University of Macerata
Università degli Studi di Macerata
|Sports teams||Cus Macerata|
|Affiliations||Macerata Student Network|
The University of Macerata (Italian: Università degli Studi di Macerata) is a public university located in Macerata, Italy. It is one of the oldest universities in Europe that are still functioning.
It was founded in 1290 and is one of the oldest in Italy. The various Departments and Offices of the University are in the old centre within its medieval walls. The average age of UNIMC teachers, who are used to discussing both academic and current events with their students, is 40. The University of Macerata has seven Faculties to choose from: Cultural Heritage (in the nearby town of Fermo), Economics, Law, Literature and Philosophy, Media Studies, Education Sciences and Political Sciences. Some offer courses entirely in English.
These are the 7 faculties in which the university is divided into:
- Faculty of Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Cultural Heritage
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Letters and Philosophy
- Faculty of Political Sciences
- "University Report 2007-2008" (PDF). unimc.it. Retrieved 6 June 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Roberto Sani, Sandro Serangeli Per un’introduzione alla storia dell'Universita' di Macerata // Annali di Storia delle Università italiane - Volume 13 (2009)
- University of Macerata Website (in Italian)
- Macerata Student Network (in Italian)
- Scholars and Literati at the University of Macerata (1540–1800), Repertorium Eruditorum Totius Europae – RETE.