University of Management and Technology (Lahore)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Institute of Leadership & Management|
|Motto||We Transform Learners into Leaders of Tomorrow|
|Founder||Hasan Sohaib Murad|
|Affiliation||Higher Education Commission of Pakistan|
|President||Ibrahim Hasan Murad|
|700+ faculty members with 200+ PhDs|
UMT Road, C-II, Johar town Lahore.,
|Affiliations||HEC, PEC, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority|
|Sports||Cricket, football, tennis, volleyball, table tennis, squash, chess, hockey, American football, rugby and others|
The University of Management and Technology (UMT) (Urdu: یونیورسٹی آف مینیجمنٹ اینڈ ٹیکنالوجی) is one of Pakistan's top private research universities located in Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan. The University is chartered by the Government of the Punjab and is recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC).
UMT is a project of Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Trust which was established in 1990.
The University is a member of Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN), The Association of Advance Collegiate Institutions of Business (AACSB), Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA), Association of Management Development Institutions in Pakistan (AMDIP) and European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
The BS Electrical Engineering degree program offered by the university is accredited by Pakistan Engineering Council. MBA and BBA degree programs offered by the university are accredited by NBEAC. BS programs in computer science and software engineering are accredited by the NCEAC. AMDISA has awarded Full SAQS accreditation to the UMT Business School.
B. Architecture and BS City and Regional Planning are accredited programs by PCATP.
Further accreditation in process are Pakistan bar Council and NAEAC.
UMT is a project of Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Trust. ILM was established in 1990.
UMT is an independent, not-for-profit, private institution of higher learning – received her degree-granting charter first as the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) in 2002 through an Act of the Assembly of the Punjab. Later, on 16 June 2004, IMT became University of Management and Technology through the passing of a similar Act by the Punjab Assembly.
The university offers 125+ bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs in diverse range of disciplines such as Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and IT, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Aviation, Management, Supply Chain, Textile Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Linguistics, Media and Communication, School Management, Social Sciences, Educational Leadership Management, Law, English Language Teaching, Dairy Science and Technology, Food Science and Technology, etc.
- BS Programs - 50
- Master programs - 20
- Ms / MPhil Programs - 40
- PhD programs - 16
The purpose-built 200+ kanal main campus of the University is located in Johar Town, Lahore. It has an academic block, library and learning resource center, classrooms, science and engineering laboratories, facilities for indoor/outdoor sports and a newly built cafeteria. Facilities are continuously being added and development and extension work is in progress. A mosque and a new building is under-construction in the premises of main campus.
The sub-campus of the University is located in Sialkot. UMT is the first private sector university to establish HEC approved sub-campus in Sialkot, the city known for the manufacturing and export of items such as surgical and musical instruments, sports goods, leather goods and textile goods.
The sub-campus was formally opened in Sialkot on May 2, 2012. The campus is spread over 20 kanals of land and is situated in Small Industrial Estate road which is the central part of Sialkot city. Sialkot sub-campus of the university has several multimedia classrooms, laboratories, computer labs, campus wide WiFi internet facility, learning resources, offices and surveillance system. For extracurricular activities, a dedicated 56 kanals of land has been acquired near Daska.
UMT has two separate hostels for male and female students. Students are accommodated on ‘first come first served basis.’ The hostels offer independent messing and recreation areas. Pick and drop facility is provided to hostel residents. The university boys hostels is situated at Wahdat Road, Lahore, while girls hostel is in Wapda Town.
Clubs and societies
UMT has 60+ clubs and societies to cultivate students' skills and talents.
- China Pakistan Economic Corridor
- Knowledge Future
- Exclusive Education
- Human Rights and Justice
- Nordic European Studies
- Academic Writing Center
- Supply Chain Research
- Globally Responsible Leaders
- Graduate Research
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Retail and Services Marketing
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Advancement of Systems and Technology
- Teaching and Learning
- Terrorism Research Initiative
- Global Dialogue
- Enterprise and Technology Advancement
- Pak-Turkey Study Center
- Center for Industrial Services and Research
- Center for Sustainable Development
- Case Research Unit (CRU)
UMT has joined hands with over 60 international universities and institutes.
Journals and publications
- Journal of Islamic Thoughts and Civilization
- Journal of Management and Research
- Journal of Media and Communication Studies
- Journal of Quantitative Methods
- English Language and Literature Review
- Inclusive Education Review
- Islamic Banking and Finance Review
- Law and Policy Review
- Organization Theory Review
- Scientific Inquiry Review
- UMT Education Review
- UMT SEN Transactions
- Journal of Art, Architecture and Built Environment
- Innovative Computing Review
- Clinical and Counseling Psychology Review
- Journal of Applied Research and Multidisciplinary Studies
Around 30+ books are published by UMT faculty members.
Scholarships and financial assistance
- 2.5+ billion rupees worth of financial aid has been granted in five years.
- Merit Scholarships are granted to the participants seeking admission in bachelor's degree programs at the time of admission on submission of proof of marks/grades obtained in the Intermediate/A-Level examination.
- Siblings of alumni and current students receive tuition fee waivers depending upon the number of the siblings who have studied or are currently enrolled in any degree program.
- The university offers discount for students of ILM Colleges.
- Misbah-ul-Haq (Former Cricketer, Head Coach Pakistan National Cricket Team)
- Sajjad Karim (Member of the European Parliament)
- Sara Naveed (Author)