University of Maryland (disambiguation)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When the term "University of Maryland" is used without any qualification, it generally refers to the University of Maryland, College Park.
University of Maryland may refer to the following:
- University of Maryland, College Park, a research-extensive and state flagship land grant university
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, a university that focuses on graduate professional education
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (in Catonsville), a research-extensive university
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore (in Princess Anne), a historically black university
- University of Maryland University College (in Adelphi), a university that focuses on instructor-led, continuing and distance education for non-traditional students
- University System of Maryland, a public corporation and state-chartered school system comprising multiple campuses, including the 5 above-mentioned institutions with "University of Maryland" in their name.
- University of Maryland Medical System, a private, not-for-profit hospital system.
- St. John's College was established as the Western Shore branch of a "University of Maryland" that also included Washington College on the Eastern Shore. This was never more than a paper institution.
- Between 1807 and 1907, "University of Maryland" referred to the University of Maryland, Baltimore, a loose federation of several professional schools. Between 1907 and 1920, this entity also included St. John's College. In 1920, Maryland State College became the University's undergraduate campus, resulting in the creation of the modern University of Maryland.
- Tilghman, Tench Francis (1984). The Early History of St. John's College in Annapolis. Annapolis: St. John's College Press.
|disambiguation page lists articles about schools, colleges, or other educational institutions which are associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.This|