University of Mississippi School of Business Administration
The University of Mississippi School of Business Administration is the university's business school. In 2014, the school had 3,500 students, including both undergraduate and graduate students. This included 19 percent of the undergraduate enrollment at the University and made the university Mississippi's largest business school.
The School of Business Administration was established in 1917 and was the first business program in Mississippi and the first in the state to receive Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation (in 1946). The School was the first in the state of Mississippi to have an accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Its awarded its first MBA degrees in 1946. Formerly housed in Conner Hall, the School moved to its current location in Holman Hall in 1997.
The School launched its first online degree program, the Ole Miss Professional MBA, in January 2006.
Undergraduate degree programs
- Banking & Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Managerial Finance
- Marketing and Corporate Relations
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- James Warsaw Bell - 1917-1941
- H. B. Brown - 1943-1949
- McDonald K. Horne Jr. - 1949-1950
- Clive Dunhan - 1950-1965
- Ben B. McNew - 1969-1979
- M. Lynn Spruill - 1980-1984
- Rex L. Cottle -1985-1991
- W. Randy Boxx - 1991-1999
- Michael Harvey - 2001-2003
- Brian Reithel - 2003-2007
- Ken Cyree - 2008-present
- Largest undergraduate RMI programs. Business Insurance January 44, 2005, p. 12.
- Pervan, G. (1998). A review of research in group support systems: Leaders, approaches, and directions. Decision Support Systems, 23, 149-159.
- Wong, Z. (2000). Group support system research in the 1990s: Leaders in research productivity. Journal of International Information Management, 92(2), 53-61.