Institute of Natural Science
|Institute of Natural Science|
|Revised Romanization||Lee Gwa Daehak|
|McCune–Reischauer||Lee Kwa Taehak|
Institute of Natural Science (INS) is a university located inside the region of the National Academy of Science in Pyongyang, North Korea. As Kim Il-sung, a former leader of North Korea, emphasized the significance of education for gifted and talented students, INS originally started as a branch of Kim Il-sung University on January 17, 1962. It was separated from Kim Il-sung University in 1985. In North Korea, this university is known as "Sujae Daehark (University for talented students)" . "In South Korean mass media, this university is called "KAIST of North Korea". Top students of natural sciences or engineering in North Korea study at this university supported totally by North Korean government. Eighty percent of them is graduated from No.1 Middle Schools, which are science high schools for gifted and talented students in North Korea, and the rest thirty percent are medal winners in the national science (math, physics, chemistry, and biology) olympiads or national science quiz contests.  Unlike other universities in North Korea, students entering UNS have age limit. Older than 17 people cannot take entrance exam for UNS.. It is known that some alumni of this university are involved in project for developing missiles and launching artificial earth satellites .
There are six departments in INS. Each department has five or six majors.
- Theoretical Physics
- Thermal Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Control Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry(material)
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Laboratory of Applied Chemistry
- Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanical Dynamics
- Solid Mechanics
- Lee Yun-keol (이윤걸) : A North Korean refugee and Chairman of NK Strategic Information Service Center 
- Kim Ho (김호) : Professor, Mathematics, University of Natural Science
- Kim Ha (김하) : Professor, Physics, University of Natural Science
- Jang Heykyung (장혜경) : Professor, Mathematics, University of Natural Science
- Kim Seo-in (김서인): A head of department in Math Institute of the National Academy of Science of North Korea, the youngest PhD recipient of North Korea.
- Kim Kwang-hyun (김광현): A scientist at Laser Institute of National Academy of Science of North Korea. He became a young member in the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in 2015.
Politics, Government and Public Service
- List of Korea-related topics
- List of universities in North Korea
- Pyongyang University of Science and Technology
- Education in North Korea
- NK테크 브리핑. www.nktech.net (in Korean).
- 북한의 KAIST, 리과대학을 아시나요?. www.ytn.co.kr (in Korean).
- "Natural Science Academy". North Korean Economy Watch.
- 북한의 "KAIST " 리과대학 - NK조선 (in Korean).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-26. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- 동아사이언스 매거진 (in Korean).
- 북한 핵개발 과학자, 스파이혐의로 체포 ‘북한 무기정보 유출 심각’ (in Korean). 10 November 2010.
- 北 국가과학원 김광현 박사, 세계과학원 청년회원 등록 (in Korean).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-31. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- [이윤걸이 쓰는 진짜 김정은 이야기] 떠오르는 ‘3대 신세력’ 실체 - 일요신문. ilyo.co.kr (in Korean).