University of New York in Prague
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rector||Andreas Antonopoulos, MEng, PhD, MBA|
|Address||Londynska 41, Prague 2, Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic|
|Colors||blue and white|
The University of New York in Prague, s.r.o. (UNYP) is an accredited private higher education institution in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. UNYP is a Czech private university with an American name. Its headquarters is in Prague.
UNYP was established in 1998 in cooperation with State University of New York at New Paltz and State University of New York Empire State College. UNYP was granted an official state recognition by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in 2001 on the basis of accreditation of its study programs in Business Administration and International European Relations. UNYP is an accredited member of the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education.
- 1 Degrees
- 2 Accreditations
- 3 Memberships
- 4 Location of the school
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
UNYP offers accredited Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, MBA programs and PhD programs in English as an officially recognized higher education institution in the Czech Republic, and in partnership with prestigious international universities in the United States and Europe.
4 Year American bachelor's degrees in the field of:
- Business Administration
- International Economic Relations
- Communication and Mass Media
- English Language and Literature
- IT Management
UNYP offers American bachelor's degree in cooperation with State University of New York- Empire State College. These programs are recognized and accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (Czech Republic) as well as by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (US).
3 Year European bachelor's degree in the field of:
- Business Administration
European bachelor's degree is recognized and accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (Czech Republic) as well as by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- MA in Strategic Communication
- LL.M. in International and Commercial Law
- MA in Second Language and Teaching
- MA in Psychology
- MA in International Management
UNYP offers MBA programs with a concentration in:
- Project Management
- Flexible Online MBA
The UNYP MBA is an IACBE-accredited program.
- Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
- UNYP is officially recognized by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports as a private higher education institution. Currently, five bachelor's degree programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education and lead to the award of a bakalář (bachelor's) degree from UNYP: Business Administration, Psychology, Communication & Mass Media, European Business Administration, and International Economic Relations.
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- UNYP's European Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA) and Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degrees are accredited by The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- British Accreditation Council (BAC)
- UNYP is accredited and recognized by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an institution providing higher education, since 2001.
- Czech Association of MBA Schools (CAMBAS)
- UNYP is accredited and recognized by CAMBAS, the Czech Association of MBA Schools, since 2003.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) examinations are the most frequently recognized qualifications in Europe. ACCA recognizes several of UNYP's undergraduate courses as providing exemptions from some ACCA exams.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- UNYP offers higher education programs approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs where United States veterans and their eligible dependents may use their veterans benefits. Specifically the four year bachelor's degree, the Master's in Professional and Business Communication, the Master's in Clinical/Counseling Psychology, PhD and the MBA programs.
UNYP joined the American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic in 1999 and the Czech Association of MBA Schools (CAMBAS) in 2003.
UNYP faculty members have varied backgrounds. Almost 60 percent hold doctoral degrees, including the chair of one of the university's five departments, most frequently from the Charles University or the Prague University of Economics.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business(AACSB International)
- UNYP is a member of AACSB International, the premier international Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, since 2005.
- Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN)
- UNYP is a member of CEEMAN - Central and East European Management Development Association, the largest association of business education providers in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- UNYP is a member of the Association of MBAs. AMBA is the international impartial authority on post graduate business education and was founded in 1967. AMBA is one of the leading accreditation agencies for postgraduate business education and their accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and MBM programs.
Location of the school
Firstly, UNYP was located in the historic central district of Prague on the corner of Mikovcova and Legerova streets. UNYP was just a minute walk from a major underground station (Metro Line C) and a tram stop I. P. Pavlova, but in 2014 UNYP moved to a new Campus. Their new location is Londýnská 41 in Vinohrady (Prague 2), just a few minutes’ walk from the old location.
- List of universities in the Czech Republic
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country