University of Northwestern Ohio
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
|Type||private, non-profit, coed|
|President||Dr. Jeffrey Alan Jarvis, LL.D., honoris causa, University of Northwestern Ohio|
|Colors||Burgundy and Gray|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
The University of Northwestern Ohio is a private, coed, open admissions not-for-profit University founded in 1920. Within the university are five colleges: College of Business, College of Applied Technologies, College of Health Professions, College of Occupational Professions, and the Graduate College. Online degrees are available for most areas of study. The University of Northwestern Ohio is a co-educational institution authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents and the Higher Learning Commission / North Central Association to grant master’s degrees, baccalaureate and associate degrees.
UNOH offers over 60 programs in Business, Medical, Legal, Travel, HVAC, IT, Marketing, High Performance Motorsports, Agricultural, Alternate Fuels, Automotive, Diesel and more.
The University of Northwestern Ohio is an entrepreneurial institution of higher learning, preparing students for careers and productive citizenship that encompass the business, professional, corporate and technological communities.
The College of Business offers Masters, Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees.
The College of Occupational Professions offers Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificate programs. Majors include: Agribusiness, Information Technology, Legal, Office Management, Specialized Studies, Sports Marketing and Management, Travel, and Word Processing.
The College of Health Professions of the University of Northwestern Ohio offers Baccalaureate Degrees, Associate Degrees, and Diplomas. Majors include: Health Care Administration, Medical Assistant Technology, and Medical Office Management.
The College of Applied Technologies offers Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificate programs. These programs take from 36 weeks to 2 years to complete. Majors include: Automotive Technology, Diesel Technology, High Performance Motorsports, Alternate Fuels Technology, Agricultural Equipment Technology, and HVAC/R Technology.
The Graduate College offers a Master of Business Administration program is offered as a 100% online program or in a one-night-per-week classroom setting.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2015)|
Certifications and approvals
- Certificate of Approval to Operate Issued By The Illinois State Superintendent of Education, 100 North First Street, Springfield, Illinois 62777
- State of Ohio Bureau of Vocation Rehabilitation (for the training of disabled students)
- State of Ohio Department of Education (for the training of veterans)
- In 1994, The University of Northwestern Ohio was designated by the United States Department of Energy as one of six original Alternate Fuels training facilities in the United States
- National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium Training Center.
Northwestern Ohio teams, nicknamed the Racers, are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, primarily competing in the Wolverine–Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The Racers formerly competed as a member of the American Mideast Conference. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, bowling, golf, soccer and tennis; while women's sports include basketball, bowling, golf, soccer (2013–14), softball (2013–14), tennis and volleyball.
Kappa Beta Delta International Business Honor Society and the National Technical Honor Society
University of Northwestern Ohio helps to accommodate the interests of the entire student body by offering a wide variety of clubs and organizations for students. They include the Association of Computing Machinery Club, Auto-Cross Club, Business Professionals of America, Crossroads Bible Group, Cycling Club, Diesel Club, Digit, Drag Club, Hot Rod Club, Mera/UNOH Ambassador Program, Motorsports Team, National FFA Organization, National Truck Equipment Association, Off-Road Club, Over-the-Wall Club, Politics Club, Presidents Student Advisory Council, RC Racers Club, Race Club, SEMA Intern Program, Students in Free Enterprise, Technological Support Team, UNOH Collegiate Optimist Club,and UNOH Medical Assisting Student Group. 
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities
- The Ohio Board of Regents
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC)
- Club UNOH
It provides a relaxed atmosphere that students can enjoy anytime.
- UNOH Athletic Complex
The complex offers a variety of cardio equipment, weight lifting machines, and free weights. It is free to any student with a valid ID card. 
- Northwestern School of Commerce 1920-1970, North Elizabeth Street, Lima, OH
- 1972 Moved to Cable Road Campus
- Northwestern Business College 1970-1973
- Northwestern Business College-Technical Center 1974-1990
- Northwestern College 1990-2000
- University of Northwestern Ohio August 1, 2000
Firsts for the University of Northwestern Ohio
- 1920 1st College in Lima
- 1973 1st Automotive Diesel Program in State of Ohio
- 1977 1st Medical Assisting Program in Lima
- 1984 1st Residential College/University in Lima
- 1976 1st Travel & Tourism Degree in Lima
- 1987 1st Paralegal Program in Area
- 1993 1st Virtual College and College without Walls in Lima
- 1995 1st Baccalaureate Degrees in Lima in Business Administration, Accounting and Health Care Administration
- 1995 1st Alternate Fuels Program in Ohio
- 1995 1st Agri Business Management Degree in Lima
- 2000 1st Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree in Lima
- 2001 1st Microsoft IT Academy in Lima
- 2002 1st Specialized Studies Degree in Area
UNOH, the only university in the nation to own a race track (Limaland Motorsports Park), is the first university to offer scholarships for motorsports. UNOH currently has six co-ed motorsports stock car and modified teams that compete during race season at Limaland.
- HLC/NCA - Higher Learning Commission / North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- CAAHEP - The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- ACBSP - Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- NATEF – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- PAHRA ARI - Partnership for Air Conditioning Heating Refrigeration Accreditation – Air-Conditioning Refrigeration Institute
- OBR - The Ohio Board of Regents
- UNOH Official website
- UNOH Athletics website
- Limaland Motorsports Park - "The University of Dirt"
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Ohio Board of Regents
- NAIA official site
- WHAC official site