University of Palermo (Buenos Aires)
Universidad de Palermo
|Affiliation||ISEP, UNESCO, IEEE|
|Rector||Ricardo H. Popovsky|
|Athletics||46 varsity teams|
The University of Palermo (Spanish: Universidad de Palermo, abbreviated as UP) is a private university in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It has several buildings located in different parts of the city. The university offers several educational programs, including a double degree in Management awarded along with the London School of Economics. It has ties with the universities of Yale, Harvard and NYU among others and it is regarded as one of the best private universities in Argentina, constantly ranking in the top 5.
The University of Palermo's library has more than 45,000 volumes, including audio-visual and printed material. The collection can be searched through the Internet. Its director is Roberto Cagnolli
The university has seven departments with a total of more than 13,000 students, who come from all over the world. 
In 1986 a group of academics and intellectuals established the Fundación Universidad de Palermo (University of Palermo Foundation), with the idea of creating a university with the same name.
The University of Palermo maintains ties with renowned international universities. Among the institutions that hold agreements with the university are: Yale, Harvard, NYU, University of Paris III: Sorbonne Nouvelle, Peking University, USC, IIT, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts and the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education). Besides, the University of Palermo is host to one of the UNESCO chairs, is a member of the ISEP, and a member of AACSB, and its Architecture career has been accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects. Academic agreements range from the exchange or visit by professors and alumni to joint research projects.
It's engineering department has recently tied as a member of the IEEE.
Ranking and Reputation
The Universidad de Palermo has been recognized by the following rankings:
- Top 400 worldwide - Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2015/2016
- Top 431 worldwide - QS World University Rankings 2017/2018
- #61-70 worldwide (#2 in Latin America) among less than 50 years old universities - Ranking QS Top 50 Under 50 2018
- Best for Design in Argentina, among top 4 in South America and among the top 40 worldwide - QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017/2018, Arts and Design
- University with the most international students in South America - QS World University Rankings 2017/2018
- Top 20 South America (Top 10 among privates) - QS World University Rankings 2015/2016
- Patricia Bullrich - Minister of Security of Argentina
- Carla Rebecchi - Hockey Player
- Diego Bucchieri - Skateboarder
- Marcelo Tribuj - Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of Truelogic Software
(in Spanish)* Official website