University of Peloponnese
|Motto||"Investing in Knowledge"|
|Location||Corinth, Kalamata, Nafplion, Sparta, Tripolis, Greece|
The University of the Peloponnese (UoP; Greek: Πανεπιστήμιο Πελοποννήσου) is a university located in the Peloponnese, Greece. It was founded in 2002 and comprises five schools in Tripoli, Corinth, Kalamata, Nafplion, and Sparta. 
It was established as a public university with the Presidential Decree 13/2000. Its seat is Tripolis and is being developed at the level of complete Schools in the five capitals of the Prefectures of the Region of Peloponnese.
The University was inaugurated in the 20th of September 2002 with the beginning of operation of the Department of Computer Science and Technology and the Department of Telecommunication Science and Technology of the School of Science and Technology. The purpose of the establishment and operation of the University of Peloponnese is its creative contribution to the development of the tertiary education in Greece, with high quality standards in the study programme, research and teaching, which will meet the demands of a modern University of national, European and international impact. The University of Peloponnese refers to Greece and the Greeks all over the world with the ambition to create strong ties with the Greek colonies and become a centre of cooperation and mental creativity for all Greeks.
The emblem of the University of Peloponnese is Pelops.
The University of Peloponnese is divided into six academic schools (Greek: Σχολές), which are furthermore divided into various departments (Greek: Τμήματα):
- School of Humanities and Cultural Studies in the city of Kalamata. 
- School of Human Movement and Quality of Life Sciences in the city of Sparta. 
- School of Economy, Management and Informatics in the city of Tripoli. 
- School of Fine Artsin the city of Nafplion. 
- Department of Theatre Studies 
- School of Social Sciences in the city of Corinth. 
An external evaluation of all academic departments in Greek universities was recently conducted by the Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA).
Modern Greek classes
The University also offers summer Greek classes in the Kalamata campus. This program is directed at Greeks living abroad, especially in the United States, Canada, Australia and the UK. For people of Greek descent who have at least one grandparent from the Messenia province, these classes are free as are room and food during the one-month program. The World Council of Messenians Abroad provides the funding for this scholarship program.
The University of the Peloponnese encourages European academic cooperation and participates in LLP Erasmus Program (Studies and Placement). In the frame of the Program they welcome students from:
- Member – states of the European Union European Union
- States – members of the European Economic Area: Iceland, Norway
- Reunions – Massive annual gathering of alumni held the weekend before graduation.
- Lawnparties – Parties that feature live bands that are held simultaneously by all of the eating clubs at the start of classes and at the conclusion of the academic year.
- Student Elections
- "University of the Peloponnese history". University of the Peloponnese. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "Faculties and Departments". University of the Peloponnese. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Philology, University of the Peloponnese, 2011
- HQAA Final Report - Department of History, Archaeology and Cultural Resources Management, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Sports' Organization and Management, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Nursing, University of the Peloponnese, 2013
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of the Peloponnese, 2011
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Economics, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Theatre Studies, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Political Science and International Relations, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Social and Educational Policy, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency
- University of Peloponnese Official Website (Greek) (English)
- L.L.P. ERASMUS International and Public Relations Department - University of Peloponnese (Greek) (English)
- University of Peloponnese DASTA Office (Career Office & Innovation Unit) (English) (Greek)
- University of Peloponnese Special Account for Funds and Research (Greek)
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA) (English) (Greek)
- Greek Research & Technology Network (GRNET) (Greek) (English)
- okeanos (GRNET's cloud service) (Greek) (English)