University of Peloponnese
|Motto||Επένδυση στη Γνώση|
("Investing in Knowledge")
The University of the Peloponnese (UoP; Greek: Πανεπιστήμιο Πελοποννήσου) is a university with locations in different cities of Peloponnese, Greece. It was founded in 2002 and comprises five schools in Tripoli, Corinth, Kalamata, Nafplion, and Sparta.
It was established as a public university with the Presidential Decree 13/2000. Its seat is Tripolis and is being developed at the level of complete schools in the five capitals of the Prefectures of the Region of Peloponnese.
The university was inaugurated on 20 September 2002 with the beginning of operations of the Department of Computer Science and Technology and the Department of Telecommunication Science and Technology of the School of Science and Technology.
The emblem of the University of Peloponnese is Pelops.
The University of Peloponnese is divided into six academic Schools (Greek: Σχολές), which are further divided into nine Departments (Greek: Τμήματα).
|School of Humanities and Cultural Studies 
|School of Human Movement and Quality of Life Sciences 
|School of Economy, Management and Informatics 
|School of Social Sciences 
|School of Fine Arts 
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
In 2016 the external evaluation committee gave University of the Peloponnese a Positive evaluation.
An external evaluation of all academic departments in Greek universities was conducted by the Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA).
Modern Greek classes
The university offers summer Greek classes in the Kalamata campus. The program is directed at Greeks living abroad, especially in the United States, Canada, Australia and the UK. For people of Greek descent who have at least one grandparent from the Messenia province, the classes are free as are room and food during the one-month program. The World Council of Messenians Abroad provides the funding for the scholarship program.
The University of the Peloponnese participates in LLP Erasmus Program (Studies and Placement). They welcome students from:
- Member – states of the European Union European Union
- States – members of the European Economic Area: Iceland, Norway
- Reunions – annual gathering of alumni held the weekend before graduation.
- Student elections
- "Internal Evaluation Report, 2016" (PDF) (in Greek). University of the Peloponnese.
- "External Evaluation Reports of UoP Departments". modip.uop.gr.
- "University of the Peloponnese history". University of the Peloponnese. Archived from the original on 25 January 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Faculties and Departments". University of the Peloponnese.
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Philology, University of the Peloponnese, 2011
- HQAA Final Report - Department of History, Archaeology and Cultural Resources Management, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Sports' Organization and Management, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Nursing, University of the Peloponnese, 2013
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of the Peloponnese, 2011
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Economics, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Political Science and International Relations, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Social and Educational Policy, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- HQAA Final Report - Department of Theatre Studies, University of the Peloponnese, 2014
- "University of the Peloponnese - External Evaluation Report" (PDF). www.adip.gr. 2016."The UoP has high quality teaching staff. Also, the Institution has established good relationships with the community and its stakeholders. The Institution will benefit by developing more systematic approaches in the collection of data for the improvement of its programmes and internationalization strategy.."
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency
- University of the Peloponnese official website (in Greek) (in English)
- University of the Peloponnese Internal Quality Assurance Unit (in Greek)
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA) (in Greek) (in English)
- L.L.P. ERASMUS International and Public Relations Department - University of Peloponnese (in Greek) (in English)
- University of Peloponnese DASTA Office (Career Office & Innovation Unit) (in English) (in Greek)
- University of Peloponnese Special Account for Funds and Research (in Greek)
- Greek Research & Technology Network (GRNET) (in Greek) (in English)
- okeanos (GRNET's cloud service) (in Greek) (in English)