University of Pennsylvania Health System
|Headquarters||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
The University of Pennsylvania Health System is a diverse research and clinical care organization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1993, it currently operates under the direction and auspices of Penn Medicine, a division of the University of Pennsylvania. Three hospitals, two regional medical centers, and a multitude of clinical care providers in the greater Philadelphia area constitute the Penn Health System. The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, also under the auspices of Penn Medicine, works closely with the hospitals and practices.
|Facility ||Location||# of hospital beds ||# of physicians||Notes|
|Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania||University City, Philadelphia||789||1,595||First university-owned teaching hospital in the United States.|
|Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine||University City, Philadelphia||0||Large multi-specialty outpatient facility.|
|Penn Presbyterian Medical Center||University City, Philadelphia||331||832||Penn's Departments of Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology are located here.
Has long term care and nursing home facilities. Joined UPHS in 1995.
|Penn Medicine University City||University City, Philadelphia||0||Large multi-specialty outpatient facility, home to the Penn Musculoskeletal Center.|
|Pennsylvania Hospital||Center City, Philadelphia||496||888||First hospital in what is now the United States.|
|Chester County Hospital||West Chester, Pennsylvania||227||Joined UPHS in 2013 |
|Penn Medicine Rittenhouse||Southwest Center City, Philadelphia||96 ||Comprehensive rehabilitation center, incl. Penn Institute for Rehabilitation (58 beds) and Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse (38 beds).|
|Penn Medicine Radnor||Radnor Township, Pennsylvania||0||Comprehensive primary and specialized outpatient care.|
|Penn Medicine Cherry Hill||Cherry Hill, New Jersey||0||Large multi-specialty outpatient facility.|
- Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, was sold to Community Health Systems Inc. of Brentwood, Tennessee in 2004.
- In April 2015, Lancaster General Heath, a 3-hospital health system west of Philadelphia, entered into an agreement to join UPHS.
- "Penn Medicine Locations – Penn Medicine". Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Penn Medicine Facts and Figures 2015". Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Penn Medicine Announces Chester County Hospital and Health System as a New Member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System". Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "About : Good Shepherd Penn Partners". Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Acquisition of Phoenixville Hospital sewn up". Philadelphia Business Journal. 2 August 2004. Retrieved 9 October 2011.