University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice
|University of Pennsylvania|
|Dean||John L. Jackson|
Caster Building, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA|
The University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice, commonly known as Penn SP2, is a school of social policy and social work in the United States whose vision is "The passionate pursuit of social innovation, impact and justice." Originally named the School of Social Work, the school was founded in 1908 and is a graduate school of the University of Pennsylvania. The school specializes in research, education, and policy development in relation to both social and economic issues. Penn SP2 is currently ranked as one of the leading schools for social policy and social work graduate education. The school offers degrees in a variety of subfields of social policy and social work, in addition to several dual degree programs and sub-matriculation programs.
They offer five degree programs: Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership (MSNPL), Master of Science in Social Policy (MSSP), Clinical Doctorate in Social Work (DSW), and PhD in Social Welfare and eleven dual degree programs.
Notable faculty and staff
- Center for High Impact Philanthropy
- Center for Mental Health & Aging (CMHA)
- Center for Social Impact Strategy (CSIS)
- The Evelyn Jacobs Ortner Center on Family Violence
- Field Center for Children's Policy, Practice & Research
- National Center on Homelessness among Veterans (NCHAV)
- "About SP2". University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice.
- "SP2 Vision".
- "SP2 School of Social Policy & Practice". Graduate Guide.
- "Graduate School Rankings". US News & World Report.
- "Ranking of U.S. Social Work/Welfare Programs". Social Psychology.
- "SP2 Programs".
- "Peterson's National Guide University of Pennsylvania SP2". Petersons.
- "About the Programs | School of Social Policy & Practice". www.sp2.upenn.edu. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "SP2 Index".
- "SP2 Centers".