University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
|Chancellor||Dr. Nelson A. Vera Hernández (2014)|
|Location||Aguadilla, Puerto Rico|
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
|Mascot||Shark y CORA|
Located in northwestern Puerto Rico, the University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla (UPRAg) offers Associate and Baccalaureate Degrees, among which stand out as being unique in the UPR system:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with a concentration in English and multimedia technology.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with concentrations in Human Resources, Computerized Information Systems, Accounting, Marketing and Finances. This program is accredited by the ACBSP.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology with emphases in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Quality Systems Assessment, and Biology.
The UPRAg has cooperation agreements with neighboring industry and business and design courses, programs and projects that respond to changing needs that occur in the region.
UPRAG has eight academic departments. They consist of the following: Humanities, English, Pedagogy, Electronics, Business Administration, Office Systems, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences.
Fine Arts Program
UPRAg offers three fine arts programs directed by Professor Cesar Santiago, Humanities Department. The programs include: Choir, Band, and Theatre.
- Association of the University of Puerto Rico Alumni and Friends Abroad (UPRAA)
- Students: 3,393 (2005)
- Faculty: 73
- University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla - official site.
|This Caribbean-related university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Puerto Rican school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|