University of Qom
|Type||Public university (National)|
|Location||Qom, Qom Province, Iran|
|Athletics||? Football, Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling|
The university offers degrees in five colleges.
Following an endorsement by the High Council of the Revolution and under the supervision of the Society of Seminary Teachers of Qom, the University of Qom was founded in 1358/1979 under the name “The High Educational and Legal School of the Seminarians”. In 1359/1980, the School admitted students from among the students of Qom seminaries. In 1364/1985, following a confirmation by the High Council of Cultural Revolution, the School admitted students from high school graduates, too. In 1376/1997, it changed its status to the University of Qom. Occupying an area of 140 acres. The University consists of six faculties, two research centers, a Tarbiat-Modarres Center, 58 academic fields and more than 300 faculty and visiting professors, as well as more than 6,000 students, located in Qom city (120 km south of Tehran). The university benefits students with academic environment and strong labs, especially in the fields of civil engineering, industrial engineering, and physics.the university also has strong faculty in math and theology and jurisprudence
This university is one of the few state universities of Iran which has segregated students by their gender and has divided the campus into the boy's campus and the girl's campus. the university of Qom based by Ayat-allah Mehdi Ghazi KHoram-Abadi and develope by him. Ayat-allah Ghazi was one of the breliant seminarian leadership.
Faculties & Departments
- College of Humanities & Letters
- College of Islamic Theology
- College of Law
- College of Management
- College of Science
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- College of Engineering
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Architectural Engineering
- College of Electronic Education
University of Qom students social network is an website that enables users to chat, send and read text and share their images and videos.
- "حجت الاسلام دیرباز سرپرست دانشگاه قم معرفی شد". Mehr News Agency. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Official website
- University of Qom students social network
- Qom University of Medical Sciences, (website)
|This Iran university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|